cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Technical Landscape in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do what is said in "SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 Installation" guide page (38). It is for maintaining the product forthe Technical System.

It says as follows....

Item #1 In the System Landscape Directory pageon your SLD host, Choose Technical Landscape. ( I did this, and it works )

Item # 2 In the <i><b>NAME</b></i> column choose the technical system that you have created above for the integration Server. ( there is no column name <i><b>NAME</b></i>,and the actual screen on WEB AS6.40 is different/ Can somebody help?? Is there a new document that I need to refer to for this configuration? The guide(SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 Installation) I have has a June 04 date.What am I doing wrong here? I followed the instruction on doc to configure the tech system, but I am not getting through.

Please somebody guide...Any help would be greatly appreciated....I am be very well looking at an old doc??

Thanks

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

have you registered your technical system with RZ70?

if not:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

BTW

there always is a name column in every <b>Technical System Type</b>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

All the configuration were correct,and I followed the same instrucations, but it was not showing the <i><b>NAME</b></i>. I stop and start the server 2 times, and then its there !!!.

Solved by itself. But now I came across another issue. I am trying to do RFC destination (SM59)in XI central instance Client 000. I am able to complete the Technical Settings, but when I go to Security/Logon Tab, and select Basic Authentication, I am not able to enter the userID, Password, and the client information. Its grayed out.

Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

What version of XI are you on? What SP level? Check the version / SP level mentioned on the guide as well.

The column 'name' should appear. Are you in the SLD? You might first need to select techniscal system type 'WebAS ABAP' before you actually see any systems listed.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Thanks for the feedback. The problem solved after I restarted the server 2 times!!. I am on SP 9, and using XI3.0

Please see the next issue I posted.

Thanks

Shaji