cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IWDBusinessGraphics : displaying value as tooltip for column chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added UI element of type - IWDBusinessGraphics -column chart.I have added simple series and I am able to display data in the form of chart.

My requirement is that when user places cursor on any column , its value should be displayed as tooltip.

Is it possible? How can it be achieved?

Thanks,

Apurva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You may not able to add tooltip for simple series , cuase its not bindable.

you can able to bind the tooltip to series point of series.

check this [example|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/84/d33481f0bd794ba9b9ef8f4b5fa73b/content.htm]

Regards,

Naga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take one context attribute of type string and bind it to 'tooltip' property of BusinessGraphics UI Element.

Set it's value to the value of attribute which is bound to SimpleSeries.

Also if you want it to be dynamic, then write

IWDSimpleSeries ser1=(IWDSimpleSeries)view.createElement(IWDSimpleSeries.class,"s1");

ser1.setTooltip(wdContext.currentContextElement().get<attribute bound to value>);

Regards

LN

Edited by: Lakshmi Narayana Chowdary Namala on Sep 8, 2008 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried binding tooltip property of element - IWDGraphics , but with no success. First value of graph is displayed as tooltip for entire graph.

I also tried binding tooltip propery of catogory. Tooltip is displayed correctly , when you place cursor on catogory axis , but not when you place cursor on column.

Tooltip property of SimpleSeries is non bindable. There is no option for binding this value to context variable.

Thanks,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the number of SimpleSeries's is based on some length,

then write this code

IWDBusinessGraphics graph=(IWDBusinessGraphics)view.getElement("bg");

for(int i=0;i<size;i++)

{

IWDSimpleSeries ser=(IWDSimpleSeries)view.createElement(IWDSimpleSeries.class,"s"+i);

ser.bindValue(<value>);

ser.setTooltip(""+<value>);

graph.addSeries(ser1);

}

Regards

LN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not working. As I have said in my previous post, value of tootip for series is not bindable. If I set the value through coding same value (value of first column) is displayed for all the columns.

Regards,

Apurva