cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COA without QM in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client dont want to go for QM in Production.But they want COA.

Is there any way to make it possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For COA Inspection lot is required, bcz The COA data picked from inspection lot.

For your case You can assign the 89 - Inspection type and create inspection plan for the material with usage "3".

Then Go to QA01 enter Material code, plant insp lot origin 89 press enter, In next screen enter Lot qty, customer no, batch (If req.) and save the lot.

Process the lot (result recording) then prepare COA w.r.to this lot.

Revert for any query.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i use the inspection type 04 and create the lot manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Go to QA01 enter material number, plant and press enter (Don't enter Inspection lot origin 04).

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not 04,then which inspcetion lot origin I need to enter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your going to create manual inspection lot w.r.to 04 - Inspection type, No need to enter any inspection lot orgin.

In QA1 after enter the Material code and plant just press enter, Then system will ask the Production order number, w.r.to order you can proceed further.

Let me know any query.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are your products batch managed? If they are, then you don't need inspection lots or QM. If the results are maintained directly in the batch record, either through MSC2n, classification in the foreground for instance at GR, or some upload/interface from say a LIMS, then yes, you can have COA's produced.

In the COA profile you specify that the results and specs come from the batch record.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they are batch managed.Can you please tell me more about LIMS?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you want to know? LIMS = Laboratory Information Management System. A system designed specifically for the lab to for performing tests and tracking results. It's like a free standing QM system. Several different major packages are out there. If you have have one already, then you might be able to do something. If you don't, you are probably better off implementing QM in SAP.

Normally to interface a LIMS to SAP you need to use QM in SAP. But there have been companies that write an interface where all they do is send a file of batch results to SAP, either on regular basis, like once an hour, or at some event that happens in their LIMS like a sample approval. The file is set up as a text file and read in by a program that updates the batch record in MSC2n. In this case, all inspections are set up in LIMS and driven from LIMS. The problem with this is that nothing is triggered in LIMS by SAP. The LIMS is not aware of process orders, and manual inspection lots, deadline monitoring, etc.. and as a result, creating and triggering samples in LIMS must be mostly a manual process.

Craig