cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying or creating alias for /irj path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our current architecture uses a reverse proxy in order to mask the hostname of the enterprise portal, bi-portal and other systems. The problem we are having is that the enterprise portal and bi-portal use the same paths to it's content which makes it impossible for the proxy to distinguish between the two. For example, the /irj/portalapps/ directory is present on both of them and when a call is made to proxyhostname.com/irj/portalapps, the proxy always redirects to the enterprise portal.

Is it possible to modify the /irj path or create an alias for the /irj path in the Portal? For example, make the BI-portal use /irj-bi or /bi/irj instead.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you are having a seperate Portal for BI, try to have different domain names registered for both the Portals based on the IP in the DNS. By doing this you can call the /portalapps of the required server directly.

If alias is required to be created, then you can create a Application Alias which is an alternative name for a J2EE Web application running on the J2EE Engine in Visual Admin ( In Cluster ->Dispatcher ->services )

Regards,

Santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

you could try to remove the irj/portal-alias from the url of the portal.

Perhaps this might help.

Please check the following Wiki-Page for more informations --> Change Portal URL

Another option is to create a new HTTP Alias from scratch.

You can find some more informations in the SAP Library --> HTTP Alias

Regards,

Norman Schröder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions! Changing the application URL would probably do the trick but since we might have multiple applications in the future I think the HTTP Alias would be better suited. I believe it is just what we need so I will do some tests with it and see how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am trying to do the exact thing in my environment. Please let me know if it works for you. Thank you.

Kiet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, we have now setup the alias and it is working to some degree.

What we did was that we created an HTTP Alias in Visual Administrator (Server --> Services --> HTTP Provider --> Runtime --> Alias) where the alias was irj-ep and the path was /usr/sap/<SID>/JC22/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root (replacing <SID> with system ID ofc).

When accessing for example http://portalserver/irj-ep/portalapps/com.sap.portal.runtime.logon/js/basic.js we got the same results as when accesing http://portalserver/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.runtime.logon/js/basic.js which was positive. However when trying to access http://portalserver/irj-ep/portal we got a 404 Not Found error. The regular URL http://portalserver/irj/portal is working fine.

Any ideas why this could be occuring?

Thanks

/Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

today I've also tried to create a new HTTP Alias like described in the SAP Library for the Logon Page.

Unfortunately I'm also running into the problem you've already stated.

At the moment I don't have much time to test it any further.

But perhaps the following information are helpful and you get it working:

1. In VisualAdmin please check "Server -> Services -> Web Container -> sap.com/irj -> irj -> Button: View -> Register: Mapping"

2. The file "\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\web.xml"

There you can also set up some Mapping configuration for the SAP system.

Perhaps you'll find a solution for the problem.

Regards,

Norman Schru00F6der

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

We have experimented some with mappings and tested the following mappings without any luck:

Servlet: prt

URL Pattern: /irj-ep/*

and

Servlet: gateway

URL Pattern: /irj-ep/*

Looking at the web.xml I've noticed that the portal_context_root is set to /irj which could be causing the problem. Still unsure on how to fix it though without modifying the existing one..

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Do you get the solution about this problem?