cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Logon Page - Change Welcome Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to change Welcome to Welcome to DEV, Welcome to TST, and Welcome to PRD on the logon page above the user id and password box to easily identify my three portal enviroments to my users.

I've tried changing umLogonTopArea.txt and umLogonBotArea.txt, and my changes are apparently ignored even after clearing all local files in the client browser and restarting j2ee on the server. Why?

I'm running EP 6.0.2.32.

I've read several topics including ones that have pointed me to these links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/371e9d90-0201-0010-c39c-fd2...

Although these probably work, it seems like overkill just to change on text string. I was able to change the color of "Welcome" from orange to red by modifying the logon.css file.

If I cannot do this easily, I'll change the branding image to identify my portal environment, but I would really prefer to just change the text.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 13 portal environments and we had the same issue. We just changed the title in the Internet Explorer title bar. That way you can also tell what you have opened even when the page is minimized on your screen. If that's what you want, I can send you info on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I cannot accomplish what I want, that would certainly be a step in the right direction. Any and all help is appreciated.

raj_balakrishnan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Changing the umLogonBotArea.txt has worked for me. Just make sure that you delete the compiled jsps files in the work folder. The ones which start with _ and end with .class. This will trigger the j2ee server to recompile the files and will include your changes. Remember to empty your browser cache and hit ctrl-f5 to refresh the page.

Regards

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

sapportalsjspumLogonPage.class is the file that must be deleted after modifying umLogonTopArea.txt. Restarting j2ee will then force a recompile of this file. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

You solved it! I did not know to delete the _*.class files. This is exactly what I want to do. Thank you.

Gary

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

I have made changes to botareatext and topareatext files to replace logo and change the welcome message at the top. However, the changes are not reflected after a reboot. Can you please let me know which class files were deleted?

I tried deleting the jsp class file in the work folder and restarting. Still,the changes are not reflected on the logon page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

to change the text you can try this(may not work also..just try)

\usr\sap\<SID>\..\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\WEB-INF\classes

open the logonLabels_en.properties

Search for Welcome and replace the text to your text.

The following URL may helpful for you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks and regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arun

if the other methods dont work. then if u r on sp15 by upgrading from sp03 or somethin for some reason the changes only come thru by making a change in the following folder

D:\usr\sap\DP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout

copy ur image and image-text files here. u dont even have to reboot the minute u refresh ur browser page u will see the changes. mind u i dont know if this method only works for portals upgraded from sp03 to sp15.

i tried all the other methods mentioned here but the one i tried worked for me.

also if u r using a custom name for your image then u will have to make the change in UM configuration in portal and reboot system. i just named my images with the same name and replaced the existing image files with my stuff.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few of things you have to do:

1) Create your image files. You will need 2 files, 1 for the image, and 1 for the text, both should be image files. To create the branding images you may want to copy these files:

branding-image.jpg

branding-text.jpg

Located here:

\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout

(or relevant directory in your instance)

2) Place your new image files here:

\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout

3) Log on to the Portal as administrator and go here:

System Administration -> System Configuration -> UM Configuration.

4) Click on the "Direct Editing" tab.

5) Change the parameter:

ume.logon.branding_image=/logon/layout/YOUR_BRANDING_IMAGE_FILE.gif

6) Change the parameter:

ume.logon.branding_text=/logon/layout/YOUR_TEXT_IMAGE_FILE.gif

7) Click "Save all changes"

😎 Restart the Portal

You're done. Your branding images should now appear in place of SAP's standard images.