cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO XI 3.0 scheduling analytics fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When trying to run an analytic with the scheduler in the Dashboard and Analytics application it gives an error:

Running programs of this type has been disabled by the administrator.

However, cannot find anything in CMC that would cause this ?

Everything is done with administrator user and AFScheduleProgram should have all the rights.

Thanks for any hints, Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with dashboards but that error sounds like they may be trying to use the program job server.

Check CMC\applications\highlight CMC\select actions\program object rights and fill that out.

I'm just guessing here based on the error it may just be a similar error and you may need a PM engineer to figure this out.

If no one else responds can you open a message with support?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim - I believe you're right on track. Although we've veered away from using the analytics scheduler (AFScheduler program) in XI 3.0, I distinctly remember checking to make sure BOE XI R2 was configured to run programs a requirement for using the AFScheduler program. Makes sense because this AFScheduler is either an .exe program on Windows and a .sh script in Unix.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

This certainly helped a step further. The scheduled refresh fails with a new error. This time it is asking for a REXEC program. I will activate this in my solaris machine and lets see then.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have an issue with the REXEC server when scheduling a metric or analytic. The error are as follows:

Authentication failed because we can not connect to the REXEC server. Confirm that the REXEC server is available on the specified system and that your user credentials are correct.

The REXEC serever is running and the scheduling for our XI R2 version is working fine. The only difference I can see is that when I insert the OS username and password for the Object Rights, it deletes the password when I save the changes. Could this be a bug?

Edited by: Anna-Marie du Preez on Sep 22, 2008 10:21 AM