Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Violation of MVC Principle?

Hi All,

as my application is growing, I noticed that almost all my coding is placed in the View Controllers. I am unsure about whether my application is structured following the MVC Principle.

The major part of my application is editing a table UI element. That means deleting, modifying and inserting rows and after successful validation sending the table to the backend system. On the back end system. changes will be performed. The data that is shown in the table is previously read from the back end.

Now, all coding related to deleting, modifying and inserting rows of the table is placed in the view controller of the view showing the table. Is that correct or would I have had to write all that coding in a custom controller?

I know, there is a rule "Visual Controllers are always consumers, Non-visual providers of data". However, when data is typed into a table UI element, this element obviously provides data. How should this data be handled in this situation?

So, what do you guys think about my design? Is there any information pointing exactly to this topic?

Thanks, Johannes

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question