cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order- Quantity Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need your expert advice.

When we generate a sale order (using T-code VA01) against a quantity contract system will givee error message if you exceeds quantity contract's order quanity.

How can SAP generate error message (pop-ups) in this situation. where can we have these control in configuration.

Similarly i want this control between our cistomized sales documents.

Regards,

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sumith

For Customising go to SPRO and follow

>Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream)--MCOE (Marketing, Contracts and Order Entry)----Define contract restrictions.

Select yr document type ( Contract ) and put E in the QTY. filed. U will have follwoing options.

No message

W Warning

E Error

I Information

Try this yr problem will be solved.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very normal that you can enter order quantity more than the reference contract quantity flowing from the contract. This is standard functionality.

Additionally it is not recommended that you change the standard SAP standard messages from warning to error etc.

Better you should go for an exit. Use following details:

Goto SE38 & enter include MV45AFZZ

Then goto user exit "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT". In this you should tell your ABAPer to write code such that it compare the previuosly refered quantity & hence does not allow to enter quantity more that that in contract. You will get error message while saving the document & system will thus prevent extra entry of quantity in sales order.

Hope this solves your requirement

Regards,

Dhananjay

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is because of the configuration of the Item category of your quantity contract for the field COMPLETION RULE. Please look at the different options available for that field and definitely you can understand the reason. This is useful for contracts to have a control on referencing.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in VOV8