cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I forgot the password that I gave to user Admin and I would like to know if it is possible to reset the users password in SAP MDM 5.5

Thankx,

NL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the admin pwd in the console.Unload the repository.

Go to the special table admin.Therein you can see the roles.

Go to the admin role. In the record detail pane change the password.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the repository is protected by password and I have first to enter the password to access the tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workaround can be trying to connect through any other user whose pwd is known.Just try connecting it.

Once done, change the admin pwd.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

another option may be to open the users table dbo.A2i_CM_Users e.g. with Access or a database browser of your database and delete the password field content for Admin. Alternatively you may want to try to set the value for the password to D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E which is supposed to be the string for an empty password (don't know whether it differs according to version). Then try again.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you remember the password for any other User, then trying connecting to the repository.

If not, then if you have taken any back-up such as Archivied the repository, then you can Un-archive the same repository on the same server using a different name.

This way you will get another copy of your repository.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

You can change the password for any user from database level. Please try; this will definitely work:

First create a new repository --> go to the database level --> now select newly_created_repository name_m000 --> open database table A2i_CM_Users --> copy the encrypted password given for Admin user --> open actual_repository_m000 --> now copy that encrypted password in the column called Password for the Admin user.

This will reset the password for Admin as Blank.

After doing this, try to enter user name as Admin and password blank in your actual repository.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

Can you please update us whether your problem has been resolved or not?

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Very helpful becuase the blank password (D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E) works but I am not able to load the repository. It begin to load and stops after 3 sec.

NL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to verify the repository and check for errors. Changing the password per se has no impact. I did that already from time to time. But always check the repository and loaded with update indexes.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Christian,

NL

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can login from any other user which has admin rights and then login into the repository using the same.Then select the repository of your choice and reset the password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

The only way to change the password is to archive and unarchive you repository. Fo this do the following step:

1) Archive your locked repository.

2)Now unarchive with a differnet name or with the same name.

3) when you unarchive a repository it resets all the passwords and you can login with userid as Admin and password as blank.

4) You can now set your password again.

I hope I am able to help you

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit/Dola,

I tried Archive and then Unarchive but still you have to Pass the Password , it dnt take Blank Password for Admin User.

I am on MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch1. So, Changing the Password using archive and unarchive your repository dnt work.

NL, you still can open your MDM Reopsitory by creating New User and Password using JAVA APIs, it might work

Thanks,

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

Follow these steps.

1) Take the archive of the locked repository

2) Right Click on the Mounted MDM Server > choose Unarchive repository

3) Give DBMS Server login and password

4) Give any repository name and select the archive file name

5) It will create backup of the existing repository

6) load repository now you can create new Id and password for your repository

Thanks

Dola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no direct way to recover the password of any user.

But if you know the login credentials of any user having Admin Role then you can reset the password of any user.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot the password that I gave to user Admin and I would like to know if it is possible to reset the users password in SAP MDM 5.5

You can set the password again for any user in Console.

You can go to the User Table and then set the password again for them. Delete the old one and then Give a new one.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain