Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is procedure to delete %100 full archivelog from F:\oracle\GSC\oraarch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP ECC 6.0 and oracle 10.2.0.2.0

I am backing up to full every day to tape for database&archivelogs using Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows.

There are 80Gbyte archivelogs in database SAP (F) volume F:\oracle\GSC\oraarch folder.

It is %100 full archivelog on volume and disk.I want to delete these archivelog from disk.What is basic prosedure for that?

Regards

Suleyman BOZKURT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answers.

First of all I copied archive logs to other external disk volume except latest two weeks archive log files.

Also there is below selectable items in Symantec Backup Exec 11d management.I think these are usable in backup mode.

*delete backup up archived log files

*do not backup archived log files that have already been backed up.

Regards

Suleyman BOZKURT

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use a backup agent on your backup solution.

how are you doing your database backups? you know that you must shut down your database BEFORE starting your backup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

JUST TAKE ONLINE OR OFLINE BACKUPSUCCESFUULY.

WHEN BACKUP DONE DELETE THE ORAARHIVE FILE.

OR U CAN SIMPLY DELETE THE ARCHIVE THERE IS NO PROBLEM BUT AFTER DELETING U HAVE TO TAKE BACKUP.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> OR U CAN SIMPLY DELETE THE ARCHIVE THERE IS NO PROBLEM BUT AFTER DELETING U HAVE TO TAKE BACKUP.

Please, do not delete any archive log file without backing it up before hand.

It is too optimistic to think that if you have a backup from today you will not need a previous backup.

there are million of documentation about how to create your backup procedure, check them.

Test your backup and restore procedure.

@Vikas: Please

1) do not shout (uppercase), that is impolite to the other members of the forum.

2) try to use proper English.

• not everybody is native speaker, punctuation signs are needed to separate phrases.

• this is not a telephone where you have to "save" characters, you can write a book in your reply if you need.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know Symantec Backup Exec.

My first question is, are you using it via BR* tools (with Backint) or "standalone"?

Depending on the answer some solutions provided before would work better or not.

Also, depending on the answer, you should establish a new backup procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suleyman bozkurt,

If you are absolutely sure that all your logs are backed up then you can delete it manually.

What i will suggest is you copy all the logs again with o/s method ( normal copy) then delete the files.Next time onwards when you are taking backup take the backup option cds (copy-delete-save) so that when the files will be backed up the files will be deleted automaticaly so the directory will not be full.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use your Symantec Backup Exec procedure to backup arclog.

If you simple delete unbackuped arclogs at OS level - you will lost information for recovery. Don't make it! NEVER!

p.s. If you can't use backup procedure, move arclogs to other volume.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can delete some data from oraach at OS level.

Karan