cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Portal users Sessions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where i have to restrict the portal sessions of users to 3. How can we achieve this. Again can we keep sessions restriction by user. i.e. some group of users have max. 3, some have max. 4 etc.?

What would happen if user try to open a new session for the fourth time?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak

Refer your thread...

[]

Rewards via points appreciated....

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this;;

[/message/1500412#1500412 [original link is broken];

&

[]

&

[]

&

[]

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also..

[]

&

[]

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetna,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am very confused. Some says it is possible through Visual admin. some says u have to change masthead and some says u have to add the code in ume.logon.par. Which solution would be convinient. Plese help on this.

Regards,

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Let me clear something about restricting Portal user sessions. I do not think that the number of open sessions is limited by user (maybe I'm wrong but so far, all posts I know of are not refering to Portal session management per user).

You can limit the number of over all sessions in the configuration of WebAS. So, if you for example want to limit the number of sessions in your portal, you could do it for the Web Module "irj". You can set a maximum session limit for each web module.

check: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b9/665b42cfca5542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Goto Visual Administrator->services->Security Provider->properties. There is a property called sessions_size.

The default value is 200 and you can change the value you desire.

Thus, to limited Portal session per user..not possible. Limited concurrent sessions number..Possible as describle above and other posts above.

P.S: The parameters in the module irj: Maximum Sessions= -1 (-1 means "not set" or "unlimited"). You should restart your servlet engine after changing the parameter to be sure that the configurational change is active.

Hope that helps. Award points for helpful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can restrict that using the Visual Amdin tool.

Pls check the links on the same

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ep/limiting%2bnumber%2bof%2busers%2blogged%2bon

Regards

Lekha