Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to create transport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to create Transport request through program . Is there any functionModule/ BAPI for the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, for example TR_REQUEST_CHOICE or TR_INSERT_REQUEST_WITH_TASKS.

Thomas

14 REPLIES 14

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, for example TR_REQUEST_CHOICE or TR_INSERT_REQUEST_WITH_TASKS.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

try using following FM

TRINT_TDR_USER_COMMAND.maintain parameters like.

IV_OBJECT = YOUR REQUEST ID

IV_TYPE = 'TASK'

IV_COMMAND = ' ' -

> Give Function code here

regards

twinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use odf BAPI_REQUEST_CREATE.

You can also use the FM... AFX_GF_CTS_REQUEST_GENERATE

Regards,

Kiran

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarup,

I have program for exactly same purpose.i think you need to do huge amount of work on same,as you must check also username and aurthorization aslo.

i think there is no FM on same you must use like:

call transaction 'SE10' using  itab_bdc
                          mode   'E'
                          update 'S'.

its a BDC code.

where itab hold you object and its type which you can get trdir table.

Amit.

0 Kudos

I verify the Amit; Batch Input is Right choise of you .

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

I am already using Call transaction for that . I just want to varify that there is not a proper FM/BAPI for the same.

Thanks

0 Kudos

excuse me? There are tons of BAPIs/FMs for this purpose, just look at all the anwers to your question.

0 Kudos

>

> excuse me? There are tons of BAPIs/FMs for this purpose, just look at all the anwers to your question.

Thomas,

Excuse me again

The reason is that because The above FM doest check that sy-uname is authorized to manage the transports or not.

so they should not be used for safer site.

Cheers

0 Kudos

These can be explicitely programmed before the call, still better than using clumsy old BDC technique, in my opinion.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

>

> still better than using clumsy old BDC technique, in my opinion.

> Cheers

> Thomas

Again not much agree.

BDC is much far better in some cases,

you know there is no BAPI or FM to upload data in F-28!!

I'm sure you will suggest now to use BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST either POSTING_INTERFACE_CLEARING either POSTING_INTERFACE_DOCUMENT

but sorry these not worth at all you have to go with BDC in this case

Cheers

0 Kudos

Good discussion on this subject.

Yes, sometimes I'm using BDC as well, e.g. lately for a little interface for users to upload FI postings from an Excel spreadsheet. By using BDC in mode 'E', they can correct errors (e.g. typo in account number) on the fly rather than changing the spreadsheet data and start all over. Would be idiotic to re-program such a correction facility.

Also, in some cases no suitable BAPI/FM exists (yet).

But whenever possible (like in this case with the transport requests) I avoid BDC because it is very "fragile" especially for more complex transactions (we all know the "field not available" or "invalid screen" type of errors), and you will have to do rework after every upgrade or patch where SAP decided to change the screen flow of the transaction you are calling.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

HI,

But the function modules suggested here have not facility to add objects to it just like SE10. Thats why i guess BDC is more prefarable

0 Kudos

>

> But whenever possible (like in this case with the transport requests) I avoid BDC because it is very "fragile" especially for more complex transactions (we all know the "field not available" or "invalid screen" type of errors), and you will have to do rework after every upgrade or patch where SAP decided to change the screen flow of the transaction you are calling.

> Cheers

> Thomas

I personally think that("field not available" or "invalid screen") would not be in case od BDC cause,as we all know user does not much do ( I Would say R&D ) in SE10 except just realease the TR

so BDC would be preffer as No authorization check in Above BAPI suggested.

Cheers

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the function module CTS_API_CREATE_CHANGE_REQUEST. You have to pass the type of request you want to create (workbench or customizing).

Thanks.