cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective requirement in make to stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I guess in Make to stock we always get collective requirement no matter what indicator is set in MRP4 (collective indicator )

I have strategy 40 for header material and no strategy for components. Lot size is EX and minimum lot sizes are maintained. Max lot size is blank. Individual/collective indicator on MRP4 is 2.

In MD61, I had entered demand req type VSF with planning period m (month) and D (day) . After MRP run its creating multiple planned orders.

How to combine them?

Neal

Edited by: Neal Gibson on Sep 8, 2008 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create demand in different date or month, system will create planned order for date wise. It will not combine all planned orders.

If you want to do combine all planned orders, select LOt size WB or MB.

In WB system will combine planned orders in weekly basis.

In MB system will combine planned orders in monthly basis.

Regards,

Dharma

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Individual requirement indicator is effective only if it is a MTO scenario, otherwise in MTS system creates Planned order based on the requirement dates so if dependent requirements from different header material falls on a single date, then system creates a single PR consolidating the requirments together.

Note that in strategy 40 system was always combin requiremesnts for common raw materials and giving a common pur req.

You can use period base lot size to group the requirement.

Periodic lot size: WB- weekly lot size

After MRP run system will cumulate all the requirements beween the week.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Sep 8, 2008 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I had an idea about WB and MB ,but will it work with EX ? For example D day indicator if I enter demand for 5 days it will give 5 orders . These 5 orders can be controlled/combined with WB .

So can I conclude that EX can not be used to combine orders in such cases with MTS ?

Neal

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neal,

EX will create planned order for every day it will not group the requirement as you are working with MTS.

If you want to group then you need to go for period lot sizing.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With lot size EX, you can not combine planned orders for a period.With Period lot size, it is possible

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that go to the details of MRP Planning Procedure.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/fr/7d/c2821c454011d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dharma / Bramhankar ,

Thanks , Rewarded and closed .

Neal