cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation regarding the TRIP t code in HR Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

First,I would like to say about my requirement.

This is a HR Module where we have the workflow for the service Manager Expenses Approve.

In this the Manager Decision step has got three options(Workitems in workflow)

1.Approve Expense Request:

2.Approve Expense Request with change:

3.Reject Expense Request:Manager will be able to reject it from backend side.

Whenever the manager selects any of this workitems,the transaction code invoked is PR05 in the As-is Scenario.

But in the To-be-Scenario,the transaction code should be TRIP

instead of PR05 and the Manager decision step 2.Approve Expense Request with change should be changed to 2.Review/Change Expense Request where we use TRIP T code and the BAPI used is TRIP_CHANGE_INTERACTIVE to trigger the TRIP T code.

According to my Analysis we use the method 'Change Interactive' where the BAPI 'TRIP_CHANGE_INTERACTIVE' is used and is present in the Business Object BUS2089.

I wanted to know whether iam going right or not.

Regards,

Pradeep P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Your approach sounds find for me... Go ahead..

But ensure that you place the method for the correct Task...

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Inorder to make the changes,I need to copy the main WF and sub-WF and for that i opened the PFTC_COP t code

to copy the workflow.

I have a sub-workflow used in the mainWF,so after copying the mainworkflow first i need to copy the sub-WF.

Iam i correct.PLease confirm

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Yes.

And rather copy the sub WF try using copying the block of the Subworkflow necessary and paste it in your

workflow after the Main WF step where exactly you want the SUB WF to be.

Hope this would help

( Can i Know Which solution has made your issue solved...)

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Do you have any idea about like,how to find out the workflow which is used for different Applications.

can a WF be used for different applications at the same time e.g for material creation and sales ordr display.

I want to find a WF and for how many applications is it used.

Regards,

Pradeep P

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

A Workflow can be use for many scenarios but there should be a event which would trigger the workflow..

so a workflow can trigger based on the events mention in START EVENTS of the the workflow..

If a workflow contains the both the events like the material and sales order mentioned in the START EVENTS

of workflow then for both or either of them the Workflow will get triggered.

( What solution made your issue solved... Can you tell me.. What is the reason you had made your solution solved.)

good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Iam yet to make the changes but before that i like to confirm whether my analysis is right or wrong.I did not get the authorizations for t codes like PFTC_COP,PFTC_CHG etc.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Pradeep P

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i know whether my solution just helped you are solved your issue as you had made your thread solved

very earlier..

Regards

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

After making the rerquired changes in the workflow,can i know the process of execution.When i execute the WF,the workitem will be reflected in managaers Inbox for execution.So,how to test the WF.

Regards,

Pradeep P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I started making the changes for copied workflow and struck up with one error saying 'container element WFTASKID'

is not used.

The sub WF is activated and problem comes in the main WF where iam getting this error.I could not find any container element in the Main WF.Do you have any idea about this.

Regards,

Pradeep P

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please check in the Task Containers as well as Workflow containers of both workflow..

And let me know the status..

I think this Element is related to TASK container and it is expecting that it should be reflected in Workflow

container with Binding..

Can you let me know the status after checking in both Task as well as Workflow containers

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thank you very much for responding.

The container elements of both the workflow and task remain the same without any change.

The problem is even in the old workflow 90100088 which is already present there exists a error which says 'Subsequent node not found' but iam able to execute it.

Iam not able to come out of this error.

Regards,

Pradeep P

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Find whether 90100088 workflow has any subworkflows.. or anyother relation with other objects...

No other way to trace the exact location... but you have to go through some research of kind..

Anyways you are able to execute... so your process almost got complete..

Hope my help was useful

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Did you work on TRIP transaction in the HR-Module.

I have a requirement like i need to open the Trip transaction in change mode.

The already existing is the PR05 which is opening in change mode in the old WF.It is happening through the BAPI 'TRIP_CHANGE_INTERACTIVE'.

I heard that even for TRIP we use the same BAPI.Iam i correct or Please guide.

Regards,

Pradeep P.

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I haven't worked but with my analysis i feel the TRIP_CHANGE_INTERACTIVE may be the one you are looking for.

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

Narin

Answers (0)