Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badi's and enhancement spots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are upgrading our SAP R/3 installation from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. We want to move our coding in our classic userextits to Badi's or enhancement spots. While researching this, I stumbled upon the following.

We would like to move the code from userexit_pricing_prepare_tkomk(sapmv45a) to a new badi. When I look at the calling point, I see the following code:

ENHANCEMENT-POINT PREISFINDUNG_VORBEREITEN_06 SPOTS ES_SAPFV45P.
*$*$-Start: PREISFINDUNG_VORBEREITEN_06---------------------------------------------------------$*$*
ENHANCEMENT 159  J3GS_SAPFV45P.    "active version
*$* IBU A&D/E&C  project CEM
* Ermittlung Steuerkennzeichen von Auftraggeber und
*            ALAND aus T001
  perform j_3g_pricing_prepare_tkomk.
ENDENHANCEMENT.
*$*$-End:   PREISFINDUNG_VORBEREITEN_06---------------------------------------------------------$*$*

* Call SD Sales BAdI
  CALL FUNCTION 'GET_HANDLE_SD_SALES_ITEM'
    IMPORTING
      handle = l_sd_sales_item_exit
      active = active.
  IF active = charx.
    CALL METHOD l_sd_sales_item_exit->item_pricing_com_h
      EXPORTING
        fxvbap = xvbap[]
        fxvbpa = xvbpa[]
        fvbak  = vbak
        ft180  = t180
        fxvbuk = xvbuk[]
        fxvbkd = xvbkd[]
        f_t001 = t001
        fvbkd  = vbkd
        fvbap  = vbap
      CHANGING
        ftkomk = tkomk.
  ENDIF.

* Userexit
  PERFORM userexit_pricing_prepare_tkomk(sapmv45a).

I have the follwoing questions bout this:

1. Is the badi badi_sd_sales_item only to be used by SAP and not meant for customers?

2. Do I therefore have to use the enhancement spot?

3. If I can use the badi, how do I implement it?

4. Where can I find some good information about the new badi's and the enhancement spots?

5. Why would this badi be preserved for SAP?

Thanks in advance,

Bert

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to se80 give your program name, press display button. select function midule where you want to do enhancement by double click. press enhance button provided in menu bar. then go to edit button and click show implicit enhancement option. this will show you by line with yellow background. double click over there and write codes as per your modification then save or directly activate the codes. this modification does not affect upgrade as these are not original code modification but enhancement provided in ecc6.0