cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different way of accessing the Dictionary Table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to know what are the different ways to access the dictionary table.

actually i need to develop one small application which will update the data into the table.i have created this dictionary table and deployed succesfully.now i want to insert some data into this table.

actually when im trying for a search it is giving so many ways to access like through (Abstract portal Component, Webdynpro, with EJBs like Entity Bean, Stateless Session Beans, webservice...)...just want to know which is the best way to dev my application.

i dont want to make it complicated...just need as simple as possible?

Plz guide me..

Thanks and Regards,

Visweswar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Achieved this by creating the Entity bean to access the SAP DB Table and invoked from portal component to insert/update operations.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can do it like this -

1. Create the SAP transaction Iview for tha tbale maintenance generator for that table for inserting records by the necssary authorizations for that user throught Portal.

2. We can create a screen with all the input fields ans provice the button for insert to insert the recrds into that table using the Simple Insert statement or Using the BAPI using WD for ABAP or Java or BSP.

3. Try to create the BAPI for inserting records into that table and make a service call for that BAPI and design the layout and do the instertion using the BAPI itself.

4. We can aslo do the same using the Assistance class in WD where actual business logic is written.

5. In the WD component methods itself we can write the insertion code.

Best way of doing it is using either the our own BAPI or using the Assistance class.

But using the

Regards

Lekha