cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Work items are being sent to the relevant in box (based on position). I have created an HR relationship (210) with a substitute position for the correct period. The work items do not have any exclusions and fall within the time period. The relationship is active. Why is this substitution not working.

Thanks,

Leanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Substitution on position will work only if your approval task has been set up to be sent to a position.

Otherwise you would need to set up standard substitution based on user - the easiest way is to use program RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE - this one is writing entries in HRUS_D2 table.

Best regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No help - I give up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to correct myself after taking a look to the new Practical Workflow 2nd edition book. It is possible to get the substitution working with the relationship 210, but it seems to depend on the actual agent rule you are using in the workflow for finding the agent. I guess if you are using some standard WF rule for getting the manager/agent based on the HR structure, it might find also the substitute defined with relation 210. I have never checked this. But I still guess that it will not work in the same way as the actual workflow substitution (=you subsitute will see the items of the substitutor immediately after you turn on the WF substitution).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should check whether you have relevant entries in table HRUS_D2 for the substitution you have made. Another thing please note that the substitution will not be reflected in the Agent assignment in Wflow Log. Substitution is only for workitems and not messages.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A relationship has been set up using A/B 210 (which is active). The user does not receive the work items of the position that he is supposed to be a substitute for. The user is an MSS portal user - how can I ensure that the user has active substitue positions/can adopt substitution?

Help required, thanks,

Leanne

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please execute the below FM to create substitution on behalf of another user

RH_SUBSTITUTION_MAINTAIN

Import parameters Value

ACT_PLVAR 01

ACT_OTYPE US

ACT_OBJID SAP user ID of original

ACT_ISTAT 1

ACT_BEGDA 07.09.2009 (Begin date of Substitute)

ACT_ENDDA 31.12.9999(End date of Substitute)

ACT_SCLAS US

ACT_SOBID SAP user ID of substitute

ACT_RSIGN

ACT_RELAT

ACT_REPPR

ACT_ACTIVE

AUTHORITY_CHECK X

MAINTAINANCE_FLAG X

INSERT_MODE

NO_POPUP

AFter executing the above FM, you will get a popup, just click the save button.

Then check the same in table HRUS_D2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The HR substitution has nothing to do with the workflow substitution. Workflow substitutions are maintained differently - as already mentioned in previous anwers.

The user can maintain his own subsitutions in business workplace or in UWL. Or you can maintain other users' subsitutions centrally - but there is no sense to use the above mentioned function module for doing that because there is a report (and also a ready made transaction in latest SAP versions). Check report *SET_SUBSTITUTE (I cannot remember the beginning).

Regards,

Karri