cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh a View everytime it is loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing some problems while refreshing a view.

I will explain my scenario in depth:

I have a Comp A which uses a interface view of Comp B say View B in its UIContainer of ViewA. Now View A has a button that takes you back to the another view in Comp A. Now when i re-fire the default plug in the ViewA to show the ViewB i want the View B to be in the initial state, i.e. refreshed.

I am using the default plug of the interface view to navigate to View B from View A. And also i have tried to fire some other method from within the implementation of the onPlugDefault() in the Window B which is implementing the interface view, and contains the View B as its default view.

Can someone help me out in resolving the issue.

Thanks And Regards

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have resolved the issue. Actually the property 'When Visibly' needs to be set on the Window which is implementing the interface view (view B) and not at the Views contained in the Window.

I am awarding 6 points to each of you.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. But the problem is not yet resolved. As i can see, the When Visible property is not working in my scenario. I am re-writing the problem statement again.

1) CompA has ViewA

2) ViewA has a ViewUIContainer which contains ViewB (interface view from CompB) and View C (contained in CompA).

3) ViewA also has a button A which navigates to ViewC ( irrespective of the anything).

4) In ViewC, I have a button B which fires a plug (default) again to ViewB.

5) Now in ViewB, I am at a state which i left when i last visited it. Even though i have set When Visible property. Actually ViewB is not notified about the developments in the CompA. So this When Visible shouldn't work.

I want to always re-initialize/refresh/reload the ViewB when the default plug is fired.

Hopefully, this will help your understanding.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use life span property When Visible of ViewB instead of framework controlled. This will initialize your context values

To do it Go to Properties tab of view controller (viewB) > select when visible from drop down list view property. Save

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try this

Go to Properties Tab(i.e left to layout tab) of view and change the Lifespan propertie to When_Visible.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the component you want to refresh....

Create a method refresh(). The write the code for initializing the context nodes. like wdThis.nodeXYZ.initialize().

Call this method in the handler of the BACK or REFRESH button like wdThis.wdGetCompA.refresh();

Thank You

Avik