cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting report to PDF in WAD 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using WAD 7.0 for designing templates. I have a function for printing, wherein the Analysis item gets converted to a PDF and then the user can print this. The default paper size is "DINA4 or Letter (8.5x11 inch)", but i want to get the tabe converted into a paper size "Legal (8.5x14 inch)". This option is not there in the settings of WAD.

But, when i execute the report and click on the particular print button, i get a pop-up screen (because i have enabled it in the settings for converting to PDF). In the pop-up screen, i can reset the paper size, column size, specify headers and footers etc. Here, in the paper size, i find a size "Legal 8.5x14 inch)". Its versy strange, because in WAD 7.0 in the settings, i cannot find this paper size, but after executing the report in the portal and then while converting the Analysis Item to PDF, i get this.

I want to fix this as a default size, so that the user does not have to change the paper size manually. I have tried converting the paper size to "Legal" in XHTML coding in WAD, but that gives me an erroneous output.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can fix the default size in the PDF command itself.But yes,you dont have the option of 8.5 X14.

there is one more option A4 210mm X 297mm ( 8.5 X12 inch) check if its helpful to you

Sriman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman.

Thank you for the reply, but that does not solve my problem. I know that there is a size A4 210x297 mm, but i cannot use that as i have to use the other one only.

It is very surprising, that i dont have that option in WAD while designing, but get that option when i execute the query.

I guess i will have to post it to SAP, so they can create a note for this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post closed. We do not have that function in WAD 7.0, and if required SAP has to create it.