Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 367660 gone? Customer exit user processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A while ago i needed to add customer code to abap processing when creating user via SU01 SU10. As a reference i used node 367660. When I look in market place now for note 367660 i get:

I get message:

An SAP note with the number requested could not be found.

Somebody knows what has happened with the specific note?

Regards,

Emile

6 REPLIES 6

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Emile,

it seems, that the developer (owner of that note) has decided not to share this information anymore. ....,as the note is not released anymore for customers.... I can try to get more details, but this may take some time. As you have done it already, you surely are aware of how to use the existing exits....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes,

I am aware of how the exit is used. But we refer to this note in our documentation and now this reference is gone.

Is there any other place the use of the customer exit is documented?

Thanks in advance,

Emile

0 Kudos

Hi Emile,

I am not aware of another documentation available. If you need the note for your reference, please open a message at SAP. Please ask in the text to forward the message to me. I will try to manage that the note is released for you again. Pls mention the customer number, for which the note shall be available (if you are opening the message for a different customer number).

The current status is, that this note shall not be available generally, as this functionionality is fading out with the upcoming release....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

> The current status is, that this note shall not be available generally, as this functionionality is fading out with the upcoming release....

Perhaps SAP could replace the note with the above information (warning in advance)?

I thought this feature was quite nice actually

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with Julius as we are at the beginning of starting developing an enhancement on user creation. If this functionality is fading out. What will be the impact when we will upgrade to the upcoming release?

Regards,

Emile

0 Kudos

Hi Emile,

I don't know, what your upgrade plans are, as the upcoming release is not available generally yet. So your decision depends on your plans of how long you are planning to use the current coding (no change up to rel. 7.00). In releases higher than 7.00 your coding will not work anymore as the exits simply do not exist anymore (actual planning state......, I heard, that there will be a Badi for own coding then).

So if your plan s to stay for some years still on releases <=700, it could make sense to develop your own functions still.

b.rgds, Bernhard