cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPDB to Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

we use a SAPDB and want to convert this database to an Oracle database.

Are there any tools, scripts or guides to convert?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Nils Kammerer on Sep 8, 2008 9:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

You can perform a hetrogeneous system copy for this.

Read system copy guides in service marketplace.

Regards

Ashok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

in the SAPDB is no SAP-Software (no R/3, ERP or something else.

These options include:

- third party tools (e.g. SQL Squirrel) to unload data or to 'copy' databases

- unload the SAP DB via the loadercli to a textformat file and load it to oracle via SQLLoader

- use a Oracle dblink to access the SAP DB instance. Check my blog on how to do that

- SQL Squirrel doesn´t work on my system. Don´t know why.

- i don´t know how to install the loadercli or where i can download it. Have search with google, but don´t find anything.

- this i have to check. do you think that i can make an oracle-export over the dblink?

Thank.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- SQL Squirrel doesn´t work on my system. Don´t know why.

Well, this was just an example. There are tons of programs like it. They connect via JDBC - perhaps you've problems setting up a JDBC connection?

- i don´t know how to install the loadercli or where i can download it. Have search with google, but don´t find anything.

You may want to consult the MaxDB Documentation .

LoaderCli is a part of MaxDB. It's already present on your system.

Check the Loader Tutorial

- this i have to check. do you think that i can make an oracle-export over the dblink?

You cannot simply type in "export database" - no.

But you can access the data. To do so, you will have to make all tables visible in Oracle via a synonym. But once you've done that, the export should work.

Don't ask me wether dependent stuff like Index definition, triggers, grants etc. are also captured that way - I did just read data via dblinks sofar.

Good luck and regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

thank you for your answer, but it doesn´t help me.

I have google for hetrogeneous system copy.

Now i know what it is, but i don´t know how to make this with sapdb->oracle.

Can somebody tell me something about this?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

I guess that the first reply assumed that you're talking about a SAP DB instance that contains a SAP component like R/3, ERP, BI etc.

Is this the case?

If so you need to have a certified system copy expert on-site to perform the heterogenou system copy with the SAP specific tools for that (R3load).

If the database is not for a SAP application, than you will have to figure out your own way of getting the database structure and data from SAP DB to Oracle.

There are of course some options already available but you will have to figure out what fits your needs yourself.

These options include:

- third party tools (e.g. [SQL Squirrel|http://www.squirrelsql.org/]) to unload data or to 'copy' databases

- unload the SAP DB via the loadercli to a textformat file and load it to oracle via SQLLoader

- use a Oracle dblink to access the SAP DB instance. Check my [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6225] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; on how to do that

I hope that helps you. Best regards,

Lars