Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CRM Middleware Connection

Hi together,

last week i tried to connect a CRM System to a R/3 System, to change business partner data.

I see in the outbound queue that there is a queue with entries. After activating the queue it seems that everything goes the correct way. But when i look into the R/3 System nothing happened. Neither in the business partner nor in the inbound queue.

The RFC Connection works.

Can someone help me what could be the reason for that and what can i do?

Best regards

Philip

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi,

Since, all the fields are optional now it should work. Can you have a look at the queues and check out whether you can debug the code at that level. Else I think you need to put a debug point in the Function Modules that are pushing and pulling these data.

Before that, can you have a look at the Bdoc Message once more as to exactly see the error. If all the connections are logically correct and still that error is pursuing, then you need to check the Middleware Connections and Connection Tables in R/3.

1. In both SAP R3 and SAP CRM system there are the queues. You can have a look at these queues.

The Tcodes for the Queues are - SMQ1 ( Outbound Queue )

and SMQ2 ( Inbound Queue ). It might be a reason that the queue might be waiting in some of the systems waiting to get activated.

2. If you find as such there is not errors, then you can Re process the BDOC and check for the status.

You can have a look at the link below to give you an idea as to how you can monitor the message flow.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/c7/95fc381478ab6fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Samantak.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question