Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Export to AIR - file not generated

After installing Xcelsius 2008 SP1, Adobe AIR and the Flex SDK on a Windows XP machine, I was able to successfully export an AIR file. However, after this first attempt, Xcelsius no longer generates AIR files. When I choose File>Export>AIR from the menu, after the initial dialogue box, Xcelsius displays the standard message "Generating Swf" and completes the process without generating any error messages. However, when I check the folder I specified for the output, there is no AIR file.

I have tried creating a new XLF file and outputting to different file paths but in each case, Xcelsius appears to complete the export process but doesn't actually generate the AIR file.

I would appreciate any suggestions for what might be the cause of this issue.

Thanks,

Mustafa Bensan.

replied

Hi Mustafa,

In addition to the Flex SDK 3.1 and Adobe AIR 1.1, is it also necessary to download and install the Adobe AIR SDK ?

No, it's not necessary.

<br>

You have indicated that the AIR export works fine in your environment. Have you been able to consecutively export AIR files after your initial successful export? And to different folders as well?

Yes, AIR was one of my testing responsibilities during SP1. I've been using Export > AIR for several months, on several different machines, and in various different Virtual Machines. I just tested now and am still able to create .air applications. I've not had the problem you report. I have heard a few other instances of this, though.

Are you sure you're exporting to the correct directory? I find, sometimes, that the Destination field interface is not very intuitive and sometimes points to the wrong directory.

If it's not too much trouble, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Xcelsius? If you do, make sure to delete any leftover folders after uninstalling, then restart the machine.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question