Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Integration in cProjects

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using cProjects with hierarchical accounting. The point I am not getting is the SD Module.

The workflow is using cProjects to make the projects structure and then the PS structures is generated automatically by cProjects with the PS template. Now I am recording times with CATS/ESS.... everything is clear to this point.

The point is the SD module.

I have seen one scenario using a normal standard order with the DP90...

- Is it possible to use the same standard order with the DP90 several times for billing different time periods or do I have to create a standard order for everytime I want to run the DP90?

- Is it possible to use a service order instead of the standard order? If yes, where can I maintain the connection between the PSP-element and the order?

- How are you using the integration between cProjects and CO to SD. How deep is this integration? What is it able to do?

It would be nice if someone could bring the light into the darkness...

Thx a lot,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

although Vanessa found her answer, I though this might interesing for whole community I asked my local DP90 expert. And this is what he has to say:

Is it possible to use the same standard order with the DP90 several times for billing different time periods or do I have to create a standard order for everytime I want to run the DP90?

If standard order is a sales order created via VA01, than it works in the following way: You call transaction DP90 and the system determines all confirmations created for the time period entered in selection screen and checks if the cost records selected were already billed. If there are open amounts/quantities you can bill them. So, you can use the same sales order over and over again.

Is it possible to use a service order instead of the standard order? If yes, where can I maintain the connection between the PSP-element and the order?

No, it's not possible to use a service order created via IW31 in standard. If you have to use a service order you can use enhancements within Dynamic Item Processor ( see also attachment to note 301117 ) to provide this.

How are you using the integration between cProjects and CO to SD. How deep is this integration? What is it able to do?

You can create an inquiry with cProjects planned costs using DP81 (see SAP Best Practices D50 and D83, too).

Additionally, you can use the functionality which is possible in ERP Project System if you have got a PS Project linked to the project in cProjects (multi-level controlling) like budget.

I hope others having similar questions find these answers usefull.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thank you for this really detailed answer. I agree fully with your answer and this is exactly what I found out, too.

Thx you,

Vanessa