cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diiferent user for RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we have use different user IDs to make RFC calls to SAP? Do we have option to call RFC using different users like DEV1, DEV2 etc which is specific to the user logging in to MII. This is required to maintain the change history record while posting data back to SAP

As per the current set up its always user which is configured in SAP server editor in MII, makes the change in SAP.

Any input is appreciable

Thanks in advance

Namita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could specify a different username/password other than what you have configured in SAP Server Editor and override the username and password in JCO Interface action block. Did you try it?

Thanks,

Sara

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara,

Problem with that is .. how can we pass the User Name and Password to the BLT from the HTML/IRPT?

Namitha,

Did you try / get any info on SSO2Ticket?

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Namitha/Ajay,

You should mask your transaction as an xAcute Query and use iCommand to call this query from the screen.

xMII Transaction BLT:

-Create Transaction params and map it to the Jco Action Block

-Create a xAcute Query Template

-In your screen create an iCommand applet wrapping the xAcute Query and pass the UserName and Password params with any other params that you nee dto pass

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

ram

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ram,

How do we pass the password to iCommand?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

It is like passing any other parameter to your BLS.

For example :

1.In your BLT, create 2 trx params

UserName,Password.

In your Jco Action Block assign these params in the Links Tab of the action.

2. Create a xAcute Query Template wrapping this BLS transaction.Set Param1 as UserName and Param2 as Password.

3. Now in your frontpage screen, create an iCommand applet wrapping the above xAcute Query Template.

4. In your screen have 2 input fields to enter username and password.

In the "OnClick()" event, use the setParam() method to set the values from the Input fields.

Hope this helps. I do not have the resources to give you the code but i think this should work. Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Ram

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ram,

Thats understood ...

//

4. In your screen have 2 input fields to enter username and password.

In the "OnClick()" event, use the setParam() method to set the values from the Input fields.//

Concerned about the password...

the user will not be entering the password for the transaction every time... they logon to MII once with their credentials and based on this ... all the transactions should execute with the same credentials... SSO2Ticket can be used for this ... but i haven't tried it yet ... i always say an excuse .. i have other priority work to do ;-).

Thanks for the reply

Ajay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Namitha,

SSO2Ticket can be used to achieve this functionality. I haven't tried it yet ... will let you know soon.

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

What is SSO2Ticket

Single sign ON?

Could you give more details

Thanks

Namita

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,

Assumption is that all the MII user names exists in ERP, as well as have same passwords ;-).

If you can pass the SSO2Ticket string, it will automatically use the current user credentials to execute the ERP transaction.

I donot have much info at this time ... but will explore something this week and let you know.

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah all the MII users exists in ERP and they have same passwords . Do you have any document for SSO2?

Thanks

Namita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram/Ajay

Even I have this doubt how will user save password

I have followed different approach

I am capturing user name from front page by

and posting this to SAP .This will help me to trace which user has confirmed the SAP operation

Thanks

Namita

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Namitha,

Where are you using this user name in ERP?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While posting data back to SAP

So that user confirming the data could be known

Thanks

Namita

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Namitha,

Do you assign user name anywhere in the BAPI?

Is it reflected in ERP?

Thanks,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah it will be reflected in ERP

We have to yet map to RFC back

will let you know once it is done

Thanks

Namita