cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Excise Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

when I am cancelling the excise invoice I am getting an error stating "Credit cannot be availed for more than original defaulted 50.000- " in the footer.

when i go on to save the document it says "Reverse the availed CENVAT credit before cancelling excise invoice". Kindly help me resolve this error to the earliest.

regrads

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

\ to cancel excise invoice you have to follow following steps.

1. reverse the material document -MIGO (capture the excise of reversed doc))

2. Post the exice invoice- J1iex

3.cancel the excise invoice- J1iex.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am following the same procedure but the error is same as mentioned in my original query.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.What's the message no?.

2.Check whether the excise invoice is alraedy cancelled or not?. U can see the status of excise invoice in Header - excise invoice Doc Status.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ideal procedure should be Cancel the GR through MIGO and cancel the Excise invoice through J1IEX selecting Cancel option, entering the internal excise number and SIMULATING first and save.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally when we do GR we take the cenvat credit by capturing & posting the excise invoice.

This can be done using the t.codes - MIGO or J1IEX.

So when the Material doc is posted the Part 1 register gets updated with Qty received.

If we post the excise inv using either MIGO or J1IEX the Part 2 register gets updated.

Now if you have done both the above then inorder to cancel the excise inv.

1. You have to cancel the Material Doc (so system wil use the Mov type 102)

2. Now Post your excise inv using J1IEX so that your Part1 reg will be updated ( i.e you are reversing the Cenvat Credit that you have availed).

3. Finally you have to cancel the Excise inv document using J1IEX so that your Part 2 register wil be updated.

Make sure that you do the above steps as per the above sequence else system will show the error as you mentioned.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

Thanks a ton for your help. It has solved my issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.Before cancelling the material document, if excise is captured then post the excise invoice.

2.Now cancel the GR

3.Cancel the excise invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

I am doing the same as mentioned by you but am getting the errors as mentioned in my query.