cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the master data automatically before the payroll run...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anyone tell me that, is it possible to check the master data automatically before the payroll run.

If any user forget to maintain any important info-type ( like Cost Distribution ) in time of master data maintenance, SAP allow the Payroll system to run the payroll for that employee. Only in time of account posting the user is able to know the problem and due to rectify the problem they have to delete the payroll.

So, I therefore wants to know that is there any check point or can customized any such things, which will check the necessary info-types before running payroll and generate an error massage about the missing info-type and also skip the processing for that person.

With regards,

Diptendu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarkar,

One stright answer for this is b4 you go to live payroll run you can very well go with simulation, Test payroll run.

when you run those you can able to see and undestand what are the infotype taken into account and and what are not? from there you can very much analyse what you missed isn't it ?

Regards

Adi

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have

a look at this report

but before that make sure wht are the mandatory infotypes that are maintained to the employee so that u can come to an idea what are infotypes that are maintained for the memployee

se 38 HTWLINFO read the documentation of the is report mmight be useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

For u r example u can download the info type 2 for all ees and check is ther any blank on the column... this how we are controling those errors.

regards.

sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u suggest I have gone through it. but it show a massage like " Program doesn't exist "

with regards,

Diptendu

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with ur abaper

in which server ur doing

it is infotype over view iam able to see here in my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its actually

HTWLINF0. The last character is a 'zero'

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTWLINF0

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The report needs you to put a mployee number every time . It is a tedious process checking for one employee at a time .

We have made a Z program which we run to report the list for payroll affecting infotypes.This lets us do the checking for all employees for a payroll area before payroll is run

regards

Pravin

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks

for ur info dude can u tell wht that z report is all about

regards