cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening balance account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gems...,

I have small doubt regarding the opening balance account.Excatly where i have to create this account.

Plz can any one will help me.

regards

venila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venila,

Usually, it is located in the drawer 8 (extraordinary account drawer for DE localization or Taxation and Extraordinary Items for AU localization) of chart of account. It is one of P&L drawers for all localizations and versions.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for our reply....

Sorry i want little bit clarification.

I am using IN_COA i have only 5 drawers

1.Assets

2.Liability

3.Equity

4.Revenue

5.Expenditure

In this under expenditure i found one title account called as Extraordinary Items.R u speaking about this or wt?

Plz help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go through the link by Jitin's post, you doubt should be cleared.

All open balances are mainly for balance sheet needs. Wherever you have balance sheet item with non zero opening, you need to upload the opening balance to a transit account. Depending on your business requirements, CoA could be all different.

The account set up should be accounting department's responsibilities. Consulting your accounting department to get their current version of CoA.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The opening balance account is an offset account for G/L account opening balance, A/R opening balance, A/P opening balance and inventory opening balance.

All the opening balances are posted to asset, equity or liabilities and it is been offset with the opening balance account that is located in he drawer expenditure or could be probably in the equity.

Finally, the opening balance account balance should be zero after opening balance process finished.

The accounting equation for balance sheet should be correct after opening balance is finished:

Asset = liabilities + equity

If you place opening balance account in the equity but the equation is not correct afterwards, then it is wrong, so you must place it in the expenditure drawer.

Rgds,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opening Balance Account is created in the 'Equity Drawer' in Chart of Accounts.

Please consult your Client Accountant regarding this.

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following thread regarding your query :

Hope it would be useful.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla