cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts not showing up in Alert Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues:

Yes this is not a new topic...I have already looked at weblogs, past mesgs in the forum and documentation but can not get the alerts to show up in the alert inbox. One good thing that has happened though while trying to troubleshoot is that I got alert config and inbox working in RWB. Thanks for that. Anyways, following are the high level steps I have followed to have CCMS alerts forwarded to the Alert Inbox. Thanks for everyone's help in advance. We are on SP14.

1. Schedule SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET to run every 5 minutes.

2. Copied CMS_Send_Alert_to_ALM method to create a new method with a new category XI_MAPPING_ERROR.

3. Copied the CMS TEMPLATE category and created the new category XI_MAPPING_ERROR

4. Assigned the new method created in step 2 above to System errors using the TC RZ20

5. Invoked a mapping error. Alert shows up in CCMS but not in inbox.

Message was edited by: Amjad-Ali Khoja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The steps you mentioned are to be done for all alert configuration???or only if you want to use CCMS??Also Could you please let us know where you found all these steps..

We have the same alert problem and we dont use CCMS - in SP14 - Please refer to this note - 913858 and all the FAQs. SAP updated this note yesterday - This might help you

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama v, I like to thank you for pointing out the SAP note 913858. I am in the middle of applying multiple notes referred in this note. Hopefully that will help resolve the issue.

Any other ideas/experiences from any one? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama v,

The steps I have mentioned are for forwarding all alerts from CCMS to ALM. I have compiled these steps by referencing the following documentation and weblogs:

Configuring a Method for Forwarding Alerts to the ALM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/bf3b7a8ccb8040b638ff732c551aeb/content.htm

Example Configuration: Forwarding Alerts to the ALM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/30/62e77b2f4865488a866d4103923a93/content.htm

Forwarding Alerts to Alert Management (ALM)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/content.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Hope that helps.

I would appreciate if someone in the forum could help me with the original issue I am having. Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama v,

Thanks for your note. Just curious....if you don't know the steps, how can you claim that you are having the same issue? I might have missed something. Please clarify. Thanks!

To the Forum:

Can I please request for additional input into the original issue? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>We have the same alert problem and we dont use CCMS - in SP14

The same problem here means - alert not found in the inbox and the problem is alert related - also I mentioned we are not using CCMS. Just curious as you are, I asked for the steps in CCMS and not in alert config. Please let me know what is confusing you in my message - just tried to help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

I looked at Michal's blog while I was trying to troubleshoot but to no avail. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amjad,

this blog from Michal would help you...check out

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Cheers

JK