cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WC planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I have a problem with work center planning, The client wants that if the WC capacity is overloaded for a particluar period say Dec 2008, then they may go for extra shift. Presently the WC is running 2 shifts from 6-10 PM. In case of overloading, they will go for night shift too (10-6AM). Accordingly they want to do manpower planning (HR is implemented). Pls note that this is for a particular period only and not a permanent.

What I understand is if u change the WC time then it is permanent change for the entire valid period. And the MRP run will distribute the capacity also as per the new time.

Can we make it valid for a limited period say in above case Dec only?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible by creating the new shift schedule for december and assign it to work center which will valid for DEC after that you can use normal shift schedule. It depend upon the validity setting you will maintain in work center for particular shift schedule.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bramhankar

That means I have to create shift grouping, sequence & insert intervals/shifts maintain WC calender every month and there is no need to maintain the Standard Available capacity(which is maintained in capacity header)? Pls confirm.

If u can guide step by step procedure it will be more helpful

Thanks & regds

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are in the right path.

Go to same SPRO setting (T.Code - OP4A).

Here you have to define 4 things.

1) Name of your shift group

2) For the group, maintain the shift breaks

3) Maintain shift definitions for the group

4) Maintain shift sequences for the group

You can assign the shift timings & Number of shifts (I shift & II shift )at shift definitions.

Assign the Group Number which has created to Capacity view of work center & Create "interval of Available capacity" as for shift time.

Under the same group you can also define two shift sequence for december you need to maintain the different shift sequence (timming)and then you can assign it to your work center under capacity category. So go in work center in capacities screen define your interval of aviable capacity there, you need to define the validity period for particular shift sequence. It will work for you.

No need to maintain for every month but for particular validity period. once you maintained the shift sequence in work center then scheduling and capacity planning will be done accordingly.

There is no need maintained Standard Available capacity.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar

Thanks for ur quick response. While checking the WC capacity (CM01) I got a strange result. My WC/day is 9 hrs. After MRP run , plo creation & subsequent prod ord conversion I saw that the load/day is abt 3 hrs and total days the system is taking as 2 months. But since there is no other load from any other source ( CM01 is showing only this order) system should have used total available hrs/day which is 9 and reduce the no of days. Why is it like this? Pls guide.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintain the shift sequence in work center? If yes please check it.

In the Change Mode of the workcenter(CR02) go to the Capacity Header by clicking the cap icon in the Capacity tab of the work center. In the "Change Work Center Capacity: Header" Check capacity utilization rate and unit of measure with active version.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I find that the problem is not because of shift sequence. Same thing I found with other WC where std time is maintained. I checked with another WC where hrs/day is say 10hrs. But the the WC when checked in CM01, for many orders system has booked less then 10hrs/day and hence the length of cycle is high. Actually it should book all 10hrs/day for all orders.

Since R/3 will book capacity with overloading and not shift automatically, we should do capcacity leveling after that. Pls correct me If I am wrong?

There is something called capacity reducion in SPRO with the order type. Is it related with that? Pls suggest.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right capacity with overloading and not shift automatically, we should do capacity leveling.

Capacity Evaluation gives the details about the present load/Orders available for the particular work centre.CM01 It gives an idea about the available capacity and the required capacity planned for the work center. And, if you want to change the planned production order sequence or you want to change the priority by prepone or postpone a particular Production order, or adjust over laod you will carry out Capacity Leveling in order to maintain the workcentre and also in over load situations. CM21 and CM25 manually.

This change is done using the concept of "Dispatch" to maintain the work center engaged suitably as per your requirement.

Reduce the lead time based on the setting defined in the OPU3 and OPU5. as per reduction type it use during order scheduling only.

Hope clear your all doubt.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar

I have a routing for a material with 3 operations with 3 different WC. MRP run created a Plan order ( lead time scheduling selected). In the master data tab of PLO I can see the routing grp no. But when I checked det schedulling of plan order I find only 2 operations. Strangely if a production order is created all 3 operations are coming ( Either converting plo to prod order or direct creation no difference). What can be the reason?

Thanks & regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Any clues of this problem

Answers (0)