MRP Run Flow.
Dear SAP gurus,
Please explian me the
1.MRP flow from demand management
2. What are all the things happend during MRP
Please explain me me.
Thanks a lot.
The system carries out the following processes in the planning run:(This is an extract from help).
1. The system checks the planning file. During this process, the system checks whether a material is to be planned due to a change relevant to MRP, and how to proceed if there are already existing procurement proposals.
2. The system calculates net requirements for every material. For this calculation, the system checks whether the requirements are covered by the warehouse stock and dispatched receipts from Purchasing or Production. If the requirements cannot be covered, the system creates a procurement proposal.
3. The system calculates procurement quantities. When doing this, the system takes into account the selected lot-sizing procedure and, if necessary, scrap and rounding values.
4. The system carries out the scheduling in order to calculate the start and finish dates for the procurement proposals.
5. The system determines the type of procurement proposal. Dependent upon the defined setting, planned orders, purchase requisitions or delivery schedules are created by the system for a material. If you have maintained the necessary entries for quota arrangements, the system also determines the source of supply and allocates this to the procurement proposal.
6. For every procurement proposal of an assembly, the system explodes the BOM and determines the dependent requirements.
7. During the planning run, the system recognizes critical situations that have to be assessed manually in the planning result by the work scheduler. The system creates exception messages and, if necessary, checks rescheduling. The system also calculates the actual range of coverage and the daysu2019 supply and receipt daysu2019 supply.
Hope this helps,