cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Personalization in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have read in the forums about Activate Personalization in BEx but its not very clear to me.

1. What is the advantage of activating Activate Personalization in BEx?

2. If we DONT activate, is it not possible to run BEX Reports?

3. What will happen if i activate and advantages and disadvantages?

4. Is it used as user point of view or performance point of view?

REgards

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate Personalization in BEx, it is just for customising the Bex the way you want it. It enables you to fill variables with values specific to you, and you can define how the start views for Web applications shoud be for you.

Refer: [Personalization in BEx|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/01/42c73c13b0ce5be10000000a114084/content.htm]

Regards,

Habeebuddin Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I am in SPRO of BI, when i clicked on Activate Personalization in BEx, I got three options with a check mark ticked in the check boxes,

Here should i remove the check marks and click activate or should i put the checkmark and click the activate icon. How does activation takes place.

Regards

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Enter the IMG (transaction SPRO), select SAP Business Warehouse -> Reporting relevant settings -> General Reporting Settings -> Activate Personalization in BEx

2. Check the status of the Personalization settings. All entries should be active u2013

highlighted by an unchecked check box.

3. To activate highlighted Personalization, click Execute.

>When you are in doubt about any thing in BI / R/3, just put select that option and click F1, you will get a brief help on that explaining what exactly that option is for...

Regards,

Habeeb

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annie,

Forgot your questions part...

1. What is the advantage of activating Activate Personalization in BEx?

Have already discussed above

2. If we DONT activate, is it not possible to run BEX Reports?

Yes, its pretty much possible to run Bex Reports, as this personalization is just for users comfort

3. What will happen if i activate and advantages and disadvantages?

If you activate: Only Advantages, no particular disadvantages as such.

i) By personalizing the Variables, as in your list of personal values will be displayed for you to pick

ii) By personalizing the history view in the BEx Open Dialog you can select BW objects from those that you opened recently (such as queriesand Web templates) from your history.

iii) By personalizing the start views of Web applications, you can save a user-specific navigational state in Web applications as a personalized start view of the Web application.

4. Is it used as user point of view or performance point of view?

User point of view

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Habeeb