cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of change amount for cash payments via cash desk, release 602

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to get the change amount to calculate for cash payments via cash desk?

I am only able to enter the amount in each payment type tab and then the payment amount in the summary. The total of the individual payments must add up to the summary payment amount or I get an error.

How then if a customer wants to pay $20 towards their account and they give me $50 in cash, do I get the change of $30 to display?

Any assistance would be appreciated as the old version of cash desk had a "given" and "back" field that no longer exist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was not an error, just using the fields the wrong way around. So enter the amount received in the seperate tabs and the amount that is being paid to the account in the summary payment amount field. After you hit post, the change field is filled.

Is another issue though as if pay by multiple payment types, system allows you to give change greater than the amount of cash received. This should not occur as people could use this process to cash for cheques or credit card payments. Especially an issue as cheque could be returned.