cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is it possible to assign material group to users via PFCG? We wanted that all t-codes that deals with material group should be access by authorized user only.

Sample:

SAPUser1

• IT_products

• TEL_COM_products

SAPUser2

• DIGITAL_products

• CONSUMER_products

SAPUser1 should not be authorized to view/access the DIGITAL and CONSUMER products in all T-CODES deals with material groups. (e.g ME51N, etc.)

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create two roles. In that role give set the respective authorization group in auth. object M_MATE_WGR.

In the activity assign the activity that you want. And in auth. group assign the material group that you want to give to user.

Then assigne first role which contain auth.group IT_products and TEL_COM_products to SAPUser1 and another which contain DIGITAL_products and CONSUMER_products to SAPUser2.

This way user 1 can't view or access another users material group and vice versa.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh Patel for the quick response. I feel I could do the creating and assigning of role but I don't know how to create authorization group.

Kindly provide the procedure on how to create authorization group. I have search several thread on this but still no luck. May be you could help me.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE54, Give the table name and choose authorization group and then click

on create/change. You can create an authorization group.

Example:

You can assign a table to authorization group Z001. (Use transaction SM30 for

table TDDAT) A user that wants to access this table must have

authorization object S_TABU_DIS in his or her profile with the value Z001

in the field DICBERCLS (authorization group for ABAP Dictionary objects).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you for the info, you were right about the authorization group. I was able to restrict the viewing of material code for some t-codes such as IH09 and MCE5 though most of the important t-codes like (ME51N) could not be restricted. User could still access other material code.

Also I could not maintain TDDAT to SM30. Error msge "The maintenance dialog for TDDAT is incomplete or not defined".

I already tried to open TDDAT at t-code se16. added table MARA and class but still no luck.

Kindly elaborate the use of TDDAT.

Thank you in advance.