cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Fighter Mail Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue with fire fighter....if i am not wrong...When i add a firefighter id to a user id ...it should send a mail...Fore Fighter controller and owner with a link to approve and then they approve the access...then it will send the user access to the user.The above process is not happening with the fire fighter we using..

The fire fighter owner and controller are just getting the logs...Please let me know how to config the initial mail notification.

Thanks in advance

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If its 5.2 then

To receive emails, a Controlleru2019s Usage Flag Information field in the Controllers table

must be set to Email.

Two emails are generated by Firefighter, Login Notification and Log Report.

If the Configuration table parameter Send Firefighter Login Notification is set to Yes, an email is sent to the Controller notifying them if a Firefighter ID is being used

to login.

If the Send Firefighter Login Notification Immediately is set to Yes, the Firefighter Login Notification is sent to the Controller immediately.

If the Send Firefighter Login Notification Immediately is set to No, the Firefighter Login Notification is sent depending on the frequency (Hourly / Daily / Weekly) of the corresponding background job.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Guru,

there is no such notification by default. Only Owners/Controllers receive notifications.

In Access Control 5.3, you can provision Firefighter IDs through an Access Enforcer Workflow, which will give you the opportunity to do something like this.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

I am talking about notification to fire fighter...

Wehn we assign some one to fire fighter id and save it...It should send a mail to user saying that you are desgnated to be fire fighter...right?

Do we have atleast the above in the 5.2 Version...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

When a user probably a Security Administrator assigns Firefighter ID to a Firefighter User there is no such provision of automated e-mail notification in Access Controls 5.2 - Firefighter SP level 5 with Patch 1. Which is at the moment latest available on SAP service market place.

But you can take it another way. If you have an Honour of using Access Enforcer then you can create a dedicated workflow for Firefighter ID assignment. Where you can define different stages and approvers for all scenarios. Also this way you can intimate the requestor and approver about the status.

In role expert, you can automate the default Virsa Firefighter, Owner, Administrator and controller roles for users.

Still there is no such automated functionality which can let you automatically add users to Virsa Firefighter configuration tables and send an e-mail.

What you can do is, after the approval of the firefighterID assignment your security guy can manually add users to these considered tables and finish the AE workflow notifying all the approvers and requestor.

I hope i touched the whole scenario.

If you still have doubts, let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Bharti