cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question about the change request in PRD800 client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my PRD800 client, I create a new page format, when I save it, the system prompt me to create a request. but I think it do not need to create a request because it is PRD800 client, and I checked the scc4 setting, it is "no transport allowed". why it still prompt me to create a request?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Check the setting for

Changes and transports for client-specific objects.

If it is Automatic recording of changes then it will ask for transport request.Make it to Changes without automatic recording .

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Production client should always be blocked for configuration changes.Only under exceptional case you open it.

Why are you asking Victor to select Changes without automatic recording??

Victor: Why are you doing development in the Production client.

You should create the request in the Development client and then transport this to the Production client.

PS: I have just gone through your various threads.You seriously need to read 'The Rules of Engagement'.Please do it once.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashutosh singh on Sep 8, 2008 7:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help. We have to restrict our management of sap system as you say. so thank you for your advice.

but I still have a question. In scc4, it has been set to "no transport allowed" , but when I change any of the format type in spad ,the system still prompt me to create a request .

I do not know why. can you help me. thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Production environment should be protected...

In SCC4 Select

No changed allowed

No change to Repository and cross-client Customizing objects

Also check that the system is set to non-modifiable in SE03 -> System Change Option.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help

but I still want to know why the PRD800 client prompt me to create a request , the client has been set to "no transport allowed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

First you tell have you read the Rules of Engagement

Yes or No.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I have read the rules in the forum, I am so sorry that I have not pay attention to these rules . , I am just want to know the answer, I will be in deference to these rules .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

victor,

have you checked this setting.Please check and then test

""If it is Automatic recording of changes then it will ask for transport request.Make it to Changes without automatic recording .""

Former Member
0 Kudos

my setting is "no transport allowded",

I do not know whether it is normal that the system prompts me to create a request when I change something??

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor-

That is b'coz of the Client role which is et to production in the SCC4 as this is a production client so if you make any changes there it prompts you to create a request best thing to do is create a local request and add all your tasks under it and release that request once you are completed with your changes or settings.

Note- This kind of request prompt you wont find in any other client role except in production.

I think this is how the SAP might have designed for the new production environment pls correct me if im wrong on this.

Thanks,

GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you say, it is normal that the PRD system prompts me to create request. I can see the request in se09, if I should release it?? But if I do not release it, the changes I made work too.

But when I use spro to change something in PRD, the system do not prompt me to create a request, do you know what kind of changes will the system prompt me to create a request?? I know it is not correct to make any change directly in PRD, I just want to know the request engagement.

thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Take a more careful view.If you have selected option 3 i.e no changes allowed in changes and transport for client specific object then it will not allow you.

Make sure you checked the settings in the same client where it allowed you to create request.

Regards,

Ashutosh