Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPEN DATASET... IP ADDRESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is very simple ... need to read one file located on the application server and write the same to the other file which is also loacated on the same server different directories.

Here i am not able to open a file using OPEN DATASET... its giving sy-subrc = 8.

application server\xyz\text\in

but when i am using a IP addres in place of application server name the OPEN DATASET is successful...

Please let me know why i am facing this issue with the application server ...

Or

please let me know there is any FM which gives the IP address with respect to the application server name....

Thanks in advance.

Satya

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as i know,

you cannot specify the IP address with the OPEN DATASET Stmt,

by default the files are read from and written to a particular folder in the server, but if u want to access the files on the same server, then you need to specify the whole path. u can use it this way...

e.g. E:\abc\*xyc*\filename.dat

and E:\abc\*lmn*\filename.dat

Regards,

Samson Rodrigues.

0 Kudos

I am able to specify the IP address with the OPEN DATASET.

IP address\xyz\in\test.txt... - The OPEN DATSET is successfule in this case.

0 Kudos

I think the problem is with the Mount. The destination folder has to be mounted(mapped) to the application server for open dataset to work properly. Mounting is nothing but relating the IP address to a logical name. You should consult with your basis team to see if the mount was done correctly.

0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana,

Please ensure that the application path name is in lower case completely while OPEN DATASET statement.

Thanks.

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana Sayana,

If you want the IP add of Application server

then Try FM RFC_HOST_TO_IP with sy-host as import parameter value.

Or else have a look on below thread where Rich has given a solution..

Also have a look on below thread

Also see below....

Use below FM

TERMINAL_ID_GET

Also hv a look on USR41 table

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7