cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

url of PCD page is empty yet ESS works fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that there are no values for the "URL of PCD Page" property of Resources in the Framework Page IMG setting in ECC6.0. Links are working fine with property being empty.

Did SAP change their design from ECC5.0? how does ECC 6.0 know the location of the ESS/MSS portal pages?

also, if I change the location of the ESS/MSS pages (like when I create a local copy of ESS MSS), do i need to maintain the "URL of PCD page" property?

Thanks in advance,

Tiberiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

olivier_segol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tiberiu,

have a look at the note 808111.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

my ESS MSS works fine, there are no issues with the standard content.

I am just curious - how is this possible if no values are entered in "URL for PCD Page"???

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard ESS homepage seems to work ok even without the URL's, but once you make your own changes in the IMG it can suddenly stop working and you need to transport the entries from client 000 as per the note mentioned above.

I vaguely remember another thread where someone had debugged it (Chris S?) and discovererd that it checked the resource config table in the logged on client, and if there were no URL's it went off to client 000 and got them from there.

olivier_segol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You right, it was Chris Solomon.

This is really interesting:

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, thanks for your answer. Would like to award point to you but the system does not let me.

maybe next time

Tiberiu

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What?!?! The system doesn't allow you?!?!?! Are you kidding me? What is it doing if NOT letting you give points?!?! haha John D deserves them! (me...I could care less about points...lots of talk about getting rid of them....Jimmy Wales made some interesting comments about points/reputation systems at TechEd).

Former Member
0 Kudos

radio buttons not visible. button to mark question as answered not showing up either.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ahhhh sounds like you never marked it "as a question"...or it got unmarked or whatever. Maybe make a question of the same thing and reference link to this thread, have John say "ditto" and then award. Lots of work for points but hey, points at least do go to a good cause (food for kids program).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not big on the whole points thing either, so maybe next time just make sure to mark your question as a question, as Chris says it's going to a good cause (while it lasts).

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

The iVew in question has the PCD location there fore it works.

Regards

sameer