Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Some problems with Material Ledger

Dear All

When I ran Edit Costing Run or Post Closing or other Material Ledger function, system raised error but he didnu2019t show any error message. So I donu2019t know error reason and I donu2019t know how to fix it

Please help me...

Beside that, I don't know which risks I'll have If i use material ledger. Does anyone share with me some experiences about Material Ledger ?

Thanks

QuangDD

Former Member
replied

Hi,

as per your description I would assume that you have not yet finalized the customizing step regarding the user defined message types:

SPRO -> Controlling -> Product Cost Controlling -> Actual Costing/Material Ledger -> Define User-Defined Message Types

I suppose none of the messages are currently defined as information, warning or error and therefore are not shown in the logs of costing cockpit (i.e. they are defined as u201Cblanku201D)

Example:

C805 will prevent single level price determination etc. as the previous period has not been finalized for the relevant material (i.e. status < 70). But if C805 is set to u201Cblanku201D it will not appear in the message log.

Regards

Karl

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question