Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic updation of Call Lists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario with Call List:

The Sales Rep needs to make outbound Sales calls to customers. He gets the list of customers to be called from CRM Interaction Center's call list (we are using CRM 5.0). The steps that we will use for generating the call list is as below:

1) Create a Target Group (Tcode: CRMD_MKTSEG) -> The Target Group is created with the following logic using filters:

Fetch all the customers that have the relationship "Has the employee responsible" with the Sales Rep BP.

2) Generate a Call List using the above target group (Tcode: CRMD_CALL_LIST)

3) Assign the Sales Rep userid (create assignments) to the above Call List and activate the Call List (Tcode: CRMD_TM_CLDIST).

The above is working fine. However, the full requirement is as below:

1) New customers will get created regularly. And many of these new customers will have the relationship "Has the employee responsible" with the BP of the sales rep.

2) Automatically update the Target group with the new customers that are related to the Sales Rep -> I'm able to do this by "Build Target Group using batch jobs". An hourly or daily batch job updates the target group with the new customers.

3) Automatically update the Call List with the new customers that are updated in the Target Group -> How to do this? I'm not able to find a way to do this? Is it possible to update the Call List automatically? Because when we use the Tcode CRMD_CALL_LIST to generate a Call List, it generates activities based on the no. of customers in the Target Group, so I'm not sure if we can auto update Call Lists?

Look forward to your help, experts.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very interesting process.

I believe that standard SAP do not provide the functionality for constant call list update automatically. Call list is the collection of BPs at the given point based on certain criteria.

I can think of 2 ways in which one can map the process.

1. Manually the calls can be added to the call list

2. The call list can be regenerated periodically, say after a week or so depending upon the need.

Do write back, once you have the solution, for all to benefit.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I have currently implemented already works the way you have mentioned in your points. However, the client wants the automatic updation.

Regards

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

I'm starting a new project and I have some similar requirements to generate Target groups for call lists.

Were you able to find a solution to your problem. If so, would you mind sharing how you managed to do it.

Thanks,

Jacques.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques, what vendor are you using for CTI / Dialer? Have you thought about managing the campaign outside of SAP and just pushing the data in via integration? For example if you extracted the entire set of calls daily (new and old) and upload the entire set to the the dialer it should be able to route to any agent target group you specify.

Cheers,

Edgar Briza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

This is what I did:

Tcode: CRMD_MKTSEG

i) Build the target group: Right-click on your target group -> Build Target Group -> Build Target Group

ii) Setup background job for each target group. Right-click on your target group -> Build Target Group -> In Background. Here, you can schedule the job anyway you want. This will update the target group with the new customers that suit the filter criteria

Tcode: CRMD_CALL_LIST

In my case, I had to generate call lists each day, one for every Sales Rep (there were 10 Sales Reps). So, I created 10 variants in this Tcode, 1 variant for each Sales Rep's call list. This is how I setup the variant:

i) Transaction Type = PCAL (default), or any Z type if you have created one.

ii) Processing horizon from = This needs to be dynamic date setup in the variant attributes. Since we run the call list job at 1am for the call list to be used from 8am the same day, we set the dynamic date = current date. You can set it up as per your requirement.

iii) Target group = Choose the target group to be used to generate this call list. I used 10 different target groups for 10 call list variants

iv) You can choose other options as per your requirement under "Business Partner" and "Scheduling"

v) Only generation of call list is not enough. After the call list is generated, it needs to be:

a) Activated

b) Assigned to an agent, a position, an org unit, etc (as per the requirement)

In my case, each call list is to be assigned to a Sales Rep (business partner)

So, under "Assignment", I choose default agent = Sales Rep BP. This BP changes for each of my 10 variants.

vi) Under "Call List", tick the check box "Generate Call List".

vii) Call List Title : In my case, the requirement was to have agent's username and the current date in the call list title, so the call list title should be like this: CALL LIST username current_date

I achieved this by:

Call List Title = CALL LIST

Activate Assigned Lists = Checked

Group By = Agent

In case you want to have a specific call list naming convention, or want to add more agents per call list, you can still go ahead with the above and make use of the following BADIs:

CRM_CLM_NAMECL_BADI -> For call list title

CRM_CLM_ASSIGNC_BADI -> For additional assignments

viii) Save this as a variant.

ix) Create a background job with program CRM_CREATE_PLAN_CALL_LIST and variant as above and schedule it as per your requirement. I created 10 jobs 1 for each Sales Rep. The jobs run monday-friday, excluding public holidays.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

thank you for all that information, I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry I did not reply to your post more rapidly. I had totally forgot about it.

What you are doing is pretty similar to what I need to do.

I have one more complexity where I would like to use data in BI to create my target groups. Have you ever done that?

Best Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

how did you solve the problem that each sales rep gets the same customer every day?

As you wrote you update the target group periodically.

So you get a complete target group on every update.

If you create new call lists on this target group it may contain customers already contacted in an earlier call list.

Or did you use delta target groups to generate the new call lists?

Kind regards

Michael