Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

why schedule line category must needed

Hello Experts,

I gone through several threads in the forum but still confused.

I got the info like...

It confirms the

1. confirmed date of delivery

2. confirmed quantity of del

3. Availability check

4. Transfer of requirement

a.purchase requisition type

b. delivery block

c. movment type of goods

The Schedule line contains the delivery date and quanitity in a slaes document item. This is only a one line explanation for your understanding purpose only.Tcode VOV6.

Now please kindly explain me with an example without slc what will not happen.

one Item can have many schedule lines . Why we need many SLC for one item please tell me with example.

Thanks in advance for all the replies

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

I will try to explain your query.

In fact, Scheduleline category is a control parameter or controlling instrument you can say.

Sales document has got three level i.e, Header, Item and Schedule line .

For each level, there is one control parameter/ instrument, Header is controlled by "Sales document type", Item level is controlled by "Item category" and Schedule line is controlled by "Schedule line category".

So if the Item has got schedule line, then you need to have a schedule line category to control it.

Beside this, if you want an item to be delivered physically , then you need to have atleast one schedule line otherwise you can not deliver the material physically and this schedule line is controlled by its schedule line category.

Then question comes, how it controls ?

In schedule line category, we can control, whether the schedule line is deliverable or not , as all schedule lines are not deliverable.

Example, a standard item in quotation has got a schedule line but its schedule line is not deliverable, that is why we can create a delivery from quotation and it is controlled from the schedule line category.

We control here, availability check is relevant or not. Example, when goods are returned by the customer, we create a Return delivery and item in it has got schedule line as it has to come in, but this schedule line is not relevant for avaiability check.

Why should I check the availability of my material in the Plant when my faulty goods are coming back but when I sale,the schedule line here is relevant for a availability chech.No requirement transfer is also logical.

Beside this there are many other functions we control here like, whether requirement transfer it relevant for the item or not, whether Purchase requisition will be triggered automatically for the schedule line or not, what will be impact on inventory by the goods movement and we specify appropriate movement type, whether any incompletion procedure has to work for the scheduleline etc., all these we control from this chedule line category.

Therfore, in sales document you need to have scheduleline category for the schedule line .

Now, coming to scheduling agreement, it is one type of Outline agreement and especially used in Rental and Maintainance contract.

Scheduling agreement contains schedule line, that means fixed delivery date and fixed quantity.

In Scheduling agreement, periodic billing is possible if the customer request for it.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question