cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOL objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the difference between objects like BuilHeader etc and objects like BUS2000120?For workflows we use the latter .The 2 types lie at different levels?Objects like BUS2000120 lie at the DB level?Please explain by citing examples.

I am still trying to get my basic concepts clear.Thanks in advance:).Hoping for some elaborate replies.

Thanks and Regards

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shilipi,

The concept is pretty simple but confusing:

BuilHeader - is a BOL object in genil_model_browser, that represents the header segement of the business transaction normally known as CRMD_ORDERADM_H

BUS2000120 is a BOR object in swo1 that represents a specifc type of business transaction called the complaint. It also is used to represent a type of business transaction in customizing.

BOR objects are used for workflow and BAPI programming.

BOL objects are an API abstraction layer developed originally for the IC webclient which then became the CRM webclient.

Both types are "abstraction" layers on the database objects. They are "complementary" models that are used to compose the technical framework of the CRM business transaction.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Thanks for such a nice reply

I have some more queries:

1)All objects in BOL represent the header part of transactions?

for example BuilStandardAddress or say BTPartnerSet.I am still unclear about this.

2)What is the difference between BOL and BOR?

Once again Thanks.I really appreciate ur patience:)

Kind Regards

Shilpi

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shilpi,

1) Actually the BOL objects represent part of a particular business object according to the application set. So they can represent either the header or segments of the business transaction in the case that you are showing.

2) BOL - Business Object Layer which is the IC webclient API for accessing/updating CRM business data

BOR - Business Object Repository - a modeling of logical business objects that is used for workflow and/or bapi creation.

The BOR objects is a generic concept used in more than just CRM. The BOL objects are a CRM specific concept used to support the IC webclient and the CRM webclient interface.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen:)

Answers (0)