BPC Restore Issues !
I am attempting to migrate BPC 5.1 Development environment to a different host and as per the sap document "How Tou2026Backup & Restore with SAP BPC (MS SQL 2005) i performed all the below mentioned steps but somehow "http://hostname/osoft" does not open up it gives me "Server Error in '/Osoft' Application" - Exception details: System Exception: Invalid User ID.
I think this may be security related issue or something. I am NOT sure whether additional steps necessary to do prior to start restoring these databases and folders.
Please reply me back.
Thanks and regards
Recovering and Rebuilding BPC 5.x Applications based on Simple
The following steps should be performed in order to rebuild SAP BPC 5.x application
1. Reinstall SAP BPC 5.x u2014 Install the SAP BPC 5.x software onto the new machine
and verify the install is successful by performing basic testing using the ApShell
2. Shutdown IIS u2014 Select Start > Run, and then type IISRESET /stop and click OK to
3. Restore the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database u2014 Restore the most recent full
database backup for APPSERVER, and each of the application set databases.
4. Restore Files and Folders:
u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Data\WebFolders including sub-folders and files
from the last backup.
u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Data\FileDB including sub-folders and files from
the last backup.
u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Websrvr\Web\Insight Reports files from backup if
5. Restart IIS services u2014 Select Start > Run, and then type IISRESET /start and click
OK to start IIS.
6. Perform system testing.
Edited by: Abhay Ambegaonkar on Sep 7, 2008 7:02 PM