cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Restore Issues !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am attempting to migrate BPC 5.1 Development environment to a different host and as per the sap document "How Tou2026Backup & Restore with SAP BPC (MS SQL 2005) i performed all the below mentioned steps but somehow "http://hostname/osoft" does not open up it gives me "Server Error in '/Osoft' Application" - Exception details: System Exception: Invalid User ID.

I think this may be security related issue or something. I am NOT sure whether additional steps necessary to do prior to start restoring these databases and folders.

Please reply me back.

Thanks and regards

============================================================================

Recovering and Rebuilding BPC 5.x Applications based on Simple

Recovery

The following steps should be performed in order to rebuild SAP BPC 5.x application

using backups.

1. Reinstall SAP BPC 5.x u2014 Install the SAP BPC 5.x software onto the new machine

and verify the install is successful by performing basic testing using the ApShell

database.

2. Shutdown IIS u2014 Select Start > Run, and then type IISRESET /stop and click OK to

stop IIS.

3. Restore the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database u2014 Restore the most recent full

database backup for APPSERVER, and each of the application set databases.

(ApShell/ApShellExtra)

4. Restore Files and Folders:

u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Data\WebFolders including sub-folders and files

from the last backup.

u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Data\FileDB including sub-folders and files from

the last backup.

u2022 Replace <drive letter>:\BPC\Websrvr\Web\Insight Reports files from backup if

using Insight

5. Restart IIS services u2014 Select Start > Run, and then type IISRESET /start and click

OK to start IIS.

6. Perform system testing.

============================================================================

Edited by: Abhay Ambegaonkar on Sep 7, 2008 7:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JHattendorf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After you completed your restore, did you "reprocess" at least one security setting within BPC Admin? This step is required when restoring from a Server Manager backup. I did not see it in your post.

To "reprocess", do the following:

• open one of the teams (or other security settings) in BPC Admin

• click Next (repeat until the last screen)

• click Apply

It is not necessary to make changes.