How To communicate between 2 DCs
I have two DCs,I want to pass the values(say-Name) from one view of DC1 to another view of DC2.
Basically my requirement is to pass soem value of DC1 to DC2.
Suresh Mandalapu replied
Hi Sandip Sahoo,
To make a dc available in another one
1) You have to have a public part
2) You need to expose the methods and context (if needed) using interface controller.
3) Expose views using interface views.
Following article explains this in detail
Follow these steps:
1. DC Metadata
2. Public Parts
> New Public Part><name> and select provides and API for developing and compiling other DCs > select entity type as webdypro components and select the entity from the below list also check the checkbox stating add the entity to public part as source>Finish
3. Build your DC
4. Move to another DC
5. DC MetaData
>DC Definition>Used DCs and select Add Used DCs--> and select the public part created above
6. Now open your window in the same DC and select embedd view and select embedd the interface view of a component instance
>Next>Now expand the hierarchy and select the interface view of the above DC.
7. You will get a default inbound plug with this DC. Just provide a navigation link from some view of this DC to the interface view.
points if useful