cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation on Asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys: The client ran depreciation for July on a few assets but they did not post to the GL, but they did post to the Asset ledger. How can i create a bdc session to post that entry in August? they do not want to re-open July at all...

Also, if i cannot create a bdc session, how can i stop the asset to even calculate depreciation? i tried the 0000 depr key & asset shutdown, but they are reversing all of the prior months depreciation in the next run...i just want to stop the depreciation or create a session to post in August

please help

thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use the old depreciation report RABUCH00 then you can recreate the Batch Session with report RABUCH20 (transaction AFBD).

You can stop depreciation by using shutdown periods. Set the shutdown indicator as a time-dependent asset master data in the master record, and assure that your depreciation key considers shutdown periods. Then the system will not depreciate the asset in the time (interval) of shutdown.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus: Thanks

We are using ECC 6.0 so the RABUCH20 program is deleted. I wish i could have used that but no luck for me

I also tried shut down of the asset with the 0000 depre key in where the shut down is set to YES, but like i said the system reverses all the depreciation in the current month... I just want it to stop...do you have any other idea what i may be missing?

thanks

Brian

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are on ECC 6.0 then there is no need to recreate a Batch Session, because the new depreciation run RAPOST2000 will post everything directly to G/L. If RAPOST2000 does not post documents to G/L, then you should check the Schedule Monitor, if the run failed for whatever reason.

You should use the shutdown not with depreciation key 0000, because indeed depreciation key 0000 will wipe out any depreciation in a current fiscal year. Simply change the depreciation key to the one you use regularly for your asset(s), and then use the shutdown in combination with this depreciation key.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok Markus...this is what I did... I checked the shutdown button for the asset and entered new interval of 06/01/2008 onwards

Then i changed the key back to the one we usually use LINA

in the planned view of the explorer screen, it shows that its going to continue depreciation for June...

any idea whats going on?

thanks

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your depreciation key. It needs to allow 'shutdown.' It does not matter that you flagged 'shutdown' on the asset master. If the key is not defined to allow 'shutdown' the system will not 'shutdown' the depreciation.

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lidia is absolutely right. If you have entered correctly a time-dependent entry in the master record with shutdown active, then the only reason for not considering it can be that the depreciation key ignores it, because the relevant flag is not set.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved...no option but to open the GL