cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pick and send in File to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI Guru's,

Am a newbee in XI world i have done steps related to XI file to file scenario in my XI system. I have taken help from the following blog.

But my file is not getting picked from the sender folder as my receiver folder is empty always...

Can we put an XMl file instead of DAT file

Please help. where am i going wrong..........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I think the problem is in the path you have provided for source directory and the target directory . The path should be \ftproot\sender instead of c:\ftproot\sender Please apply this path for sender as well as receiver (\ftproot\receiver) and I hope your scenario shud work.

Plz reward points

Thanks!

Sudhir

Edited by: sudhir tiwari on Sep 8, 2008 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Kishore, Sudhir and Praveen, i tried your solutions but still file is not getting picked up from the sender folder.

Regards,

--VP.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

Can u put that file in the local Directory of XI server and make the configurations as an NFS and check whether the problem with accessing the FTP or with the XI server, so that we can point out where the exact problem is..

if the file is successfully picked then no problem with configuration and if it is not we need to check with the XI server..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

In My XI server I have created a folder in C:/XIFILES/sender & C:/XIFILES/receiver

The XIFILES folder is shared and everyone has full authorization on it

In my CC channel source directory i have given C:\XIFILES\sender

and in CC channel target directory i have given C:\XIFILES\receiver

still no luck

Regards,

--VP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your earlier case check whether you are able to accessto that FTP server in another system. Check whether you are able to ping your machine and the FTP path from another machine.

Also check whether you have anonymous login or you have created any user.

Check whether that user you have created has got complete rights to read, write and delete from that directory.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

U mean to say i have to share FTPROOT folder which i had created in my local machine(C:)

beacuse if i try on network it doesn't shows FTPROOT folder.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

Check with the basis guy , the problem is with accessing the folder, may be problem with adapter metadata, and

The folder names and files are case sensitive so try to copy and paste the path instead of typing over there

c:\XIFILES\sender

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to access the FTP server in another machine or not, if so what is the path you are giving it.

Also hat IP address are you trying to provide it.

Can you access the directory you have created inside the FTProot directory,

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

1) Check your source dir file should be "/ftproot" instead of "\ftproot"

2) also check your credentials

Regards

Praveen K

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think it is due to data structure format problem, check it once again source and target structure. Meanwhile check file path & file names at source and target adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your question:

Can we put an XMl file instead of DAT file

yes, u can put .xml file. change the sender file name extension as .xml

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Go through this steps for trouble shooting..

1. Check the path to pick the files from the sender directory

2. Is it an FTP or local directory.. according to that Choose NFS or FTP

3. If the File is not deleted from the source directory Check the processing mode in the File Sender..

4. If every thing is fine over there then go to RWB and choose component monitoring in that go for adapters and then to communication channel monitoring there specifcy the sender communication channel name and see the details to view the error,..

5. If there is no error for sender communication channel then go and check the SXMB_MONI for monitoring the processed XML message , there u can see whethere any messag mapping errors or an exceptions.

check till this and reply if any queries..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore thanks for your valuable inputs :

1) Path is correct as if u could see my earlier reply i have created my local machine as ftp server.

2) FTP selected

3) Processing mode is delete.

4) In RWB when i click on CC monitoring and when i give mu CC channel name and when i click on use filter it says 0 channels found.

5) In SXMB_MONI when i select the 1st option and i exceute it gives "No messages available for selection".

Regards,

--VP.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Actually the sender adapter itself is not picking up the files from the sender so, the message will not be in SXMB_MONI so, try to check the sender folder accessing part..

use in directory path with this : //ftproot/sender

and specify the file name : xxxx.xml ---> where xxxx is the file name

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the link same issue is discussed here:

Regards,

Nutan

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

4) In RWB when i click on CC monitoring and when i give mu CC channel name and when i click on use filter it says 0 channels found.

Try to click on the Use Filter button of communication channel monitoring in runtime WB without putting the communication channel name. It shud show your CC if not then the problem is in adapter engine. Plz chk.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think as sudhir said something wrong in adapter engine itself. because it is showing nothing in CC channel monitoring.

Regards,

--VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you configure the FTP server using this Blog:

if so check whether you have checked all the parameters for the path which you created.

also ensure that as mentioned the blog at the end

"Even though in your local machine you have the folder name as ftproot and the path say C:ftproot, in your file adapter you will refer the same as / . So if you have created subfolders like input and output, in the adapter configuration it would be refered to as /input or /output and not C:ftprootinput or C:ftprootoutput. "

IP address will be the IP address where you have configured the FTP server and not like C:/ftproot/Sender....... as you mentioned

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You can ask basis guy in your team for resolving the problem first check in Runtime workbench in Component monitoring --> Integration server --> there should be adapter engine and if not then take help from your basis team.

if this is the case plz close the thread and start with new thread for adapter engine.

Plz reward points

Thanks!

Edited by: sudhir tiwari on Sep 8, 2008 11:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Communication channels are started or not.

RWB->Component monitoring->Adapter Engine->Communication channel monitoring->Click on u r sender communication channel( Check weather the CC is green or gray.If it is gray click on the cc and start the cc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U r CC are not there in Communication channel monitoring , so activate u r Integration Directory once again .

Check in the Communication channel Weather Adapter status is ACTIVE or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monitor in Message monitoring in RWB

or Monitor in SXMB_MONI,

U need to activate the IR and ID

Source Diectory & Target directory should be made in XI server only , If it the local sytem then that directories shd be the shared directories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you mentioned the directory correctly?

Check wether the adapter status is Active.

Regards,

sharath

Edited by: sharath Girmaji on Sep 8, 2008 12:07 AM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check the file adapter configuration and check if you are posting the file in the correct path that you have specified in the communcation channel.

2. Check the error in the Communcation channel monitor of Runtime Work Bench.

which Protocol are you using?

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked, everything is at place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the name of the file is correct or not. File name is case sensitive.

Also check the directory path is correct or not.

If these all are correct then definitely you will receive see file in moni...else you can see the corresponding Error type in Communication Channel Monitoring.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check the file name its case sensitive. As well as give the correct extension which is also case sensitive.

Regards,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am using FTP protocol and i have created my local machine as an ftp server in which i have configured a folder C:/ftproot which is not shared. In this folder i have created 2 folders sender and receiver, and in the CC sender channel i have given target directory as C:/ftproot/Sender filename as xi_input.dat and in the CC receiver channel i have given target directory as C:/ftproot/Receiver filename as xi_output.dat

But no luck.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think it is due to authorization problem check with network people for authorization for read and write access.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Check whether the folder is having full access.. i.e it might be authorization problem.. check once..

if it is ok then try to recheck the configurations and what is the error coming in RWB --> Component Monitoring --> communicatin channel monitoring..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your folders permission.All should be with full permission.

Make it #777 then it might work

Regards,

Sumit Gupta