Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS & PP Integration

former_member143179
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Kindly guide us about the Integration available between PS and PP . Incase some reference site is available to understand about this Integration kindly help us about the same also .

Sir, We have ETO type scenario and we are in the manufacturing of Capital Equipment . We need to understand how can we plan /control / execute manufacturing (PP) activities using the PS system .

We assure to give full points for the given solution pl

Rgds

B Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

PS - Process

After creating the project next step is u want to do cost, Revenue & Budget Planning for the project

in the t-codes CJ42, CJ30 & CJ40 respectively. Next step is creating the Sale order in va01 T-code.

But I have internal project scenario, example: Overhauling of DG set. Assigned work enter & Workforce & also material to network. So shall I do costing? As explained! Is it necessary to create of Sales Order?

CMP2 - Assign workforce to activities

CAT2 - Transfer actual time to CATS. In CAT2 we have record the actual timing correct for an activity, on day basis & with personal number.

MD51 - Run Project MRP to create Planned orders.

MD04, ME21N, MIGO - Convert planned orders to purchase requisitions and P.O, and goods receipt.

MB1A - once the goods are brought is project stock; the same needs to be consumed by mb1a -281 Q on the project.

CJ20n - Attach milestones as per the payment terms.

VA02 - Copy billing plan to sales order.

VF01 - Billing

CJ20n - Project tech complete and closure.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

PP is not a major player in PS as far as integration is concerned. It is through Material Management that Production Planning is informed of Production Orders using special settings in the Material Master.

One another area, the PP and PM modules share Work Centers with Project System.

The Work Center is needed for Capacity Planning and Planning costs. If we integrate this Work Center with HR module, we will be able to select only the people who have been assigned to the Work Center. We can specify the amount of work the individual will contribute. This forms the basis for capacity planning.

Hope u must have understand.

Regards,

ANSAR

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is standard process in SAP PS.

I suggest that you read SAP help on PS or take up a course PLM200 - Business process in Project Management. In this course a complete example of PS/PP integration will be demonstrated by the SAP instructor.

Regards

Virendra