cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Gui server connected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

i have install SLES 10 on IBM ESX-Server. My problem is that i did not get a GUI after starting ./sapinst. I get only the following message:

No gui server connected:waiting for a connection on host myhost, port 21200 to continue with the installation.

A GUI did not appear.

Display parameter:

export DISPLAY=:0.0 <-- this works only with local programs like xclock, xcalc etc.

If i try it with the IP-Address from ifconfig like: export DISPLAY=172.23.2.1:0.0 i get no gui both for local programs and for sapinst. When i enter hostname i get the short name, but hostname -f returns: unknown host.

JAVA Version: IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2-10.0.x86_64.rpm

regards,

seed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pharam,

Are you going to run SAPINST locally or remotely on Windows client (using X Window session) ?

Use

export DISPLAY=:0.0 ---> if you're running SAPINST locally

and use

export DISPLAY=<Windows IP Client>:0.0 --> If you're running SAPINST remotely via X window session.

hope this could help.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

basis_citec
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. testing the x-app , e.g. xclock

--if it is not working, check the related packages of x-app, the firewall. and sshd setting. sometimes the sshd blocks the x forward

2. check the installation logs

good luck

Charles

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharam,

connect to your server with:

ssh -X <hostname>

The -X is very important, because it sets your DISPLAY variable correctly. No need to export it, ssh will set it for you. Try xclock then, it should work now. If it works, call sapinst again ...

Thanks,

Hannes