cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having 11 years experience in EHS field in heavy constructions.At present working as a EHS coordinator in MNC.Basically i am a Science Graduate and having Diplomas in Industrail Safety, Industrial Hygine, Environmental & ISO 14001, Process Management System.Now i am intrested on SAP EHS. Pls guide me in this regard. is it correct decision. and what about the future for SAP EHS? what is the requrirement qualifications for SAP EHS? Because i dont have any knowledge on IT. Pls guide and give your valuble advises friends.

Regards

Viswanath Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

It has taken quite long time after you post the query, still I would like to express my views about EHS. It seems that you have a great experience in your domain.

Please go through the points below

1. Whether SAP - EHS implemented in your company ? if so, what are the different business processes implemented, and how is the flow.

2. If not, please understand different safety processes being followed in functional point of view, and try to understand. Take the help of SAP help and try to match with SAP customizations in each case. Follow the link given below for different sub processes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a7/2879200a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

3. Be comfortable in various transactions and take the help of forum for your queries

4. Try to prepare some documents with your understandings and share with expert community

This beginning will eventually help you to become a full fledged consultant in the area of PLM-EHS

and there is a bright future for this stream in order to save the environment and to prevent Hazards.

Hope this helps you

Best regards

Srinivas L.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

There are two aspects of becoming SAP EHS consultant. One is having good knowledge of day to day activities what are currently carried out in an industry and second is understanding the process flow when you use software to ensure smooth functioning. By seeing your mail it is very clear that you got very good domain knowledge. I have following to offer when it comes to becoming a SAP EH&S consultant

i) Get overall knowldege of SAP - SAP Overview course

ii) Take up some trainings available through SAP or Technidata on Basic Data and Tools and Product Satefy - which I believe are pre-requisite for other modules implementation.

iii) By seeing your profiles it seems you will fit into IH&S and OH or Environmental Compliance domains. So decide which is good for you, then I suggest you to go for appropriate training or read online documentation. Practice a lot - there is no substitute for this !!!!!

iv) Find some job in a company - then try to expand yourself for different modules.

Become a successful SAP EH&S Consultant

All the best

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanath,

There is lot of scope in SAP EHS in India and outside.

Thanks n Regards,

Nitin Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishwanath

dont worry

lot of scope for sap ehs in future and now also

thanks and regards

mandar sathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar Sathe,

Thanks for Your reply and Encouraging.

Thanks and Regards

Viswanatha Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been working for last 2years as SAP PP & QM consultant ..and I have trained in sap ehs also .. but i would like enter as sap ehs fresher ..is there any scope there.to enter into sapehs..

regards

sdhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is always scope to enter EHS as long as new regulations are being passed and implemented around the world. It may slow down for a while now due to the worldwide economic problems, but that is not certain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mr Reddy,

Refer the [conversation|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/career/sap-career/sap-ehs-career-guidence-1837987?cv=expanded], it may help you.

[http://www28.sap.com/mk/get/IN_08_B1PODCAST_LP?URL_ID=S001&campaigncode=CRM-IN08-DKW-SE_PODG&source=gawinmds01&kw=training+sap&KW_ID=p112529626]

And there are N - number of opportunities also for SAP PLM/EHS.

[If you can Pls visit the SAP TechEd-08|http://www.sapteched.com/india/?URL_ID=S001&campaigncode=&source=msgstchin01&kw=sap+training&KW_ID=p115823928]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Joshi,

Thanks for your reply with references.

Regards

Reddy