cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Page Size does not match Canvas Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using Xcelsius 2008 Engage SP1 on Vista 64bit with Office 2007 installed. When I'm exporting a Xcelsius file to PDF, the resulting Page Size of the PDF file is 8.5in x 11in. However, the Canvas size in Xcelsius is 800x600 (pixels). The resulting PDF file has quite a bit of whitespace in the top and bottom sections of the file.

Is there anyway that I can export to PDF but with a file size that is in the same aspect ratio than the Canvas Size?

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We regularly export to PDF and face this issue. I believe that the adjustments need to be made in Acrobat as there is, from my understanding, no way to change the default export in Xcelsius. You are probably already be doing this, but if not ... our solution has been, once you have exported your model into Acrobat, to simply rotate the page before saving the file. At 800 x 600 you may still have some white space at the top and bottom of your model. We typically use an Xcelsius canvas size of 1100 x 850. When exported (and rotated in Acrobat) this gives a nice crisp image that also fills the page. I hope this helps you.